Author Topic: How much tax loss harvesting is your robo-advisor doing lately?  (Read 1128 times)

jacoavluha

• Bristles
How much tax loss harvesting is your robo-advisor doing lately?
« on: November 01, 2018, 09:23:51 AM »
Curious what sort of recent tax loss harvesting folks using Betterment, Wealthfront, Schwab Intelligent Advisor, etc have seen in their accounts lately. Given recent market volatility, especially internationals, I would expect robos to be harvesting losses rather frequently the past few months. I would think that anyone making periodic deposits in taxable accounts would have quite a few lots with losses and I’m curious is they’ve seen much auto tax loss harvesting happening in their accounts.

I used to have a robo account but don't anymore. Personally in my taxable accounts I've harvested losses in international equal to about 15% of the total international holdings value. And recently a small percent for total US. Probably will pull the trigger and harvest some losses in bond index pretty soon too.

NorCal

• Handlebar Stache
Re: How much tax loss harvesting is your robo-advisor doing lately?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 09:53:09 AM »
I have an IRA in the Schwab automated portfolios, so there is no tax loss harvesting.

However, they did re balance this month on the volatility.  It was a straight move from cash into funds, with no selling.

It was kind of anti-climatic.  They really need some robot .gif to come across my screen to help with the transaction.