Author Topic: Own AAPL? You are rich! (Until Monday)  (Read 2612 times)

SnackDog

• Handlebar Stache
Own AAPL? You are rich! (Until Monday)
« on: June 07, 2014, 06:06:12 AM »
I nearly had a heart attack this morning when I looked at my brokerage account and saw how high the balance was.  Turns out AAPL split yesterday, 7:1, after the market closed.  The new price won't be available until market open Monday.  In the meantime, enjoy your fabulous new balance!  Just don't tell off your boss quite yet.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
Re: Own AAPL? You are rich! (Until Monday)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:59:13 AM »
Lol, I had a similar reaction this morning.  I've been watching my balances closely this week anticipating hitting the 250k mark.  So I had to do some quick math factoring out the Apple inflation to see my real Net worth...still crossed 250k :D

AssetGrinder

• Stubble
    • Asset-Grinder Finance Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 02:28:54 PM »
my brokerage still not showing my shares correctly lol.. But its there and thats all that mattered. My 100 APPL pre split shares are a big chunk of my portfolio and I have been waiting over 2 years to finally get a return on them. better late than never. Now I am thinkin of an exit point. I think this iphone 6 will be their biggest seller ever and this pending iwatch rumors is gaining traction.I think I will start reducing my position at the end of this year depending on price. No doubt we will see $100 a share by end of year. Just a matter of when. It could pop at the iphone reveal even.

zinnie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »
Oh my gosh, this happened to me too. I thought I had magically struck it rich when I opened my account and it had $100,000 more than it was supposed to.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!