Author Topic: Online money market bonus Capitol One - is there a catch?  (Read 1858 times)

NewDay1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Online money market bonus Capitol One - is there a catch?
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:27:04 PM »
Hello,

There's a special now with Capitol One 360 online money market account ($10K, $200 bonus after 90 days).  I don't see any fine print that if you close the account after the bonus, there's a penalty or you forfeit the bonus (unlike some other specials I've read).

Am I missing something?
https://www.capitalone.com/open200/

tawyer

• Bristles
Re: Online money market bonus Capitol One - is there a catch?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 10:13:45 PM »
I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think you are missing anything.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 04:12:49 AM »
Chasing bank bonuses can be lucrative. :)

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 05:46:37 PM »
Hello,

There's a special now with Capitol One 360 online money market account ($10K, $200 bonus after 90 days).  I don't see any fine print that if you close the account after the bonus, there's a penalty or you forfeit the bonus (unlike some other specials I've read).

Am I missing something?
https://www.capitalone.com/open200/

My bonus just posted, can confirm that there's nothing hidden.

Some bonuses post immediately and there is a penalty if you withdraw funds within X days. Others (like this Capital One bonus), have a delay period before the bonus is paid, and you are free to do what you want with it.

Bonus is paid in 90-150 days after you deposit the 10k. In my case, it posted ~95 days after the 10k was in the account. I plan on withdrawing the funds after my interest is posted at the end of the month.

Cadman

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 09:04:36 AM »
It appears the Citi deal also offers an additional $100 if you set up a monthly direct deposit for 2 consecutive months. However, I can't seem to find if there's a minimum DD required. Anyone know?

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 09:45:26 AM »
It appears the Citi deal also offers an additional $100 if you set up a monthly direct deposit for 2 consecutive months. However, I can't seem to find if there's a minimum DD required. Anyone know?

Don't personally have a DP, but from the terms and conditions, there doesn't appear to be any minimum $$ required for the DD:

4) If you are eligible for the additional $100 cash bonus ($500 offer), within 60 days of opening the new Eligible Checking Account, complete 1 Qualifying Direct Deposit into the Eligible Checking Account for two consecutive months. A “Qualifying Direct Deposit” is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer, or an outside agency.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »
Last year I collected over $2,500 in these bonuses by opening various savings/checking/mm accounts.

Enjoy!