Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Blockchain / Crypto-Currency Portfolios and Discussion  (Read 35214 times)

lifeanon269

• Stubble
Re: OFFICIAL: Blockchain / Crypto-Currency Portfolios and Discussion
« Reply #450 on: October 13, 2017, 06:06:25 AM »
Being MMM, low cost passive index funds are well proven. Applying the same to crypto currencies is what the Crypto 20 (C20) token provides. The fund contains the top 20 coins, is autonomous, and rebalanced weekly.

https://crypto20.com

If you feel that crypto will grow over time then this is a great way to have exposure to the top 20 coins in the market.

I tried getting into Crypto20 last weekend when it first opened the ICO, but it looks like they aren't opening the ICO to US residents/citizens. Likely because of the regulations with how the SEC plans to treat ICOs as securities. So if you're in the US, you're out of luck. I'm hoping that once the ICO goes live that the token start being traded on some other exchanges that aren't as stringent with the KYC laws. In the meantime, you can trade the BTWTY crypto index on the OpenLedger DEX.

Tonyahu

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Ambassador
« Reply #451 on: October 13, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm a longterm holder of eth as well.

I think that much of the value for those crypto comes from the fact that they are existing and functioning blockchains.

Iota is currently centralized and using a coordinator to springboard the network until it achieves enough network effect where it no longer needs to rely on the coordinator. I'm not convinced that it will be able to effectively remove the coordinator. In addition, there is the controversy surrounding it regarding cryptographic vulnerabilities.

The zksnark zero-proof in zec is planned for use in eth, and I don't see why it won't be adapted into omg.

From an empirical perspective, eth has a more foundational infrastructure, greater developer mindshare, and superior ecosystem over dash.

As for omg, once it goes live, it can integrate into an existing payment network infrastucture and allow various payment networks to transact with each other. Exclusive loyalty or reward programs, in-game currencies, etc, have the potential to be unlocked and transacted as value into a greater network. Also, an advantage omg will have over many of the existing blockchains is that a standardized onboarding cash in/out process is expected to be unveiled before year end; instead of relying on other crypto to get it, people will directly be able to trade for it with cash at supporting establishments (possibly convenience stores). Merchants and consumers will have a reason to use omg (reduced transactional barriers, lower overhead costs, trustless trust standard, etc).

Furthermore, Omise is already a well established company who is growing rapidly. They even won a large "startup company of the year award" recently. In addition, they just landed a deal with Mc. Donalds and are in talks with collaborating with Google for something.

OMG will be huge, I have about 2% of my total crypto portfolio in it and expect great returns over the next few years.

maizeman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #452 on: October 13, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »
So if I'm reading correctly the elevator pitch is that omg (once it is up and running) should be much easier to transfer into and out of (either from normal currencies, other cryptocurrencies, or game/reward program points) without requiring the use of 3rd party exchanges?
"Itís a selective retirement," Richard explained, "a retirement from boring s**t."

My source code & my journal

Tonyahu

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Ambassador
« Reply #453 on: October 13, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »
So if I'm reading correctly the elevator pitch is that omg (once it is up and running) should be much easier to transfer into and out of (either from normal currencies, other cryptocurrencies, or game/reward program points) without requiring the use of 3rd party exchanges?

That's part of it, they want to create a decentralized exchange for fiat, more information still needs to be released on how they will do this.

A big part to mention is that this will be the first project built on PLASMA: A love child between Poon (lightning network creator) and Vitalik (Ethereum creator).

YUGE

lifeanon269

• Stubble
« Reply #454 on: October 13, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
OMG will be huge, I have about 2% of my total crypto portfolio in it and expect great returns over the next few years.

What ethereum wallet are you using to store your OMG tokens?

shadow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #455 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »
What ethereum wallet are you using to store your OMG tokens?

You can store it to any public address for which you control the private key.

As a security precaution, many people would recommend a hardware wallet such as nano s ledger.