Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Blockchain / Crypto-Currency Portfolios and Discussion  (Read 189454 times)

PDXTabs

• Pencil Stache
Re: OFFICIAL: Blockchain / Crypto-Currency Portfolios and Discussion
« Reply #750 on: January 08, 2018, 10:48:52 PM »
Is this not worrying to some crypto boosters? Based on those numbers, you're looking at an annualised increase of somewhere between 8,000 and 1,000,000 per cent. Given the number of people arguing that we're looking at a bubble, is there an increase that would cause you to consider whether they were right?

I don't know if you would call me a crypto booster (I've mined 3 ETH), but I definitely think that we are in a bubble. Dogecoin has over a $1B market cap! However, I think that we are in a bubble the way that .com bubble was a bubble. People knew that the internet would create incredible wealth, they just didn't know how, or by which companies. Years later the internet has created incredible wealth, but many of the .com stocks of the late 90s are gone. I'm pretty sure that cryptocurrency is here to stay, but no one really know which ones will survive. Also, some that survive may later fail (just like internet companies, or countries).

EDIT - Not that cryptocurrency can create wealth, except possibly to the extent that it can usurp alternative payment systems.

trollwithamustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #751 on: January 09, 2018, 08:16:11 AM »
Just started to get into this alt-coin game a couple days ago because of all the fomo.  It's definitely slightly addicting.  Anyone have a new fave they're excited about?  Looking for big things from QASH.

I've got an old computer mining AEON. yes it is FOMO!  the dear lady troll has announced that she is ready for the crypto bubble to burst as she feels like a wife of a sports fan every time check prices.

forgerator

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #752 on: January 09, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »
Just started to get into this alt-coin game a couple days ago because of all the fomo.  It's definitely slightly addicting.  Anyone have a new fave they're excited about?  Looking for big things from QASH.

Would recommend to diversify crypto portfolio just like you would a regular stock market based one. I would recommend to make Ethereum the bulk of it as it has incredible support and future growth prospects as a Smart contract platform. Other than that look at ones which are working on exciting tech and have a great team that can deliver. Examples, Raiblocks, Substratum, Power Ledger, Stratis , to name a few.

BrandNewPapa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #753 on: January 10, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »
Just curious what everyone thinks about China's move to shut down miners. How do you think it will affect the BTC and other markets?

I don't know what to make of it. Just looking for opinions.

https://www.ft.com/content/adfe7858-f4f9-11e7-88f7-5465a6ce1a00

maizeman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #754 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »
Just curious what everyone thinks about China's move to shut down miners. How do you think it will affect the BTC and other markets?

If they are completely successful in the crackdown and people don't just move their dedicated mining equipment (ASICs) across the border into other countries, this would reduce the energy consumption of bitcoin by 75% in one fell stroke without decreasing the number of transactions which can be processed on that particular blockchain at all (once the difficulty adjusted).

Of course if all the chinese miners are shutdown and the price of bitcoin stays the same, the profitability of mining would increase a lot (about 4x), which would drive more people to start mining, which would bring energy consumption back up eventually.

If the link above doesn't work, often you can access FT articles without a subscription by googling the title of the article and clicking through from there. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=China+moves+to+shutter+bitcoin+mines

trollwithamustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #755 on: January 10, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »

It may actually be really good for BTC long term price increase.  Most of the big Chinese miners knew this was coming and had moved some small  to medium size operations out of China, so while this may shut down a lot of mining hardware, its not like it will stop mining. The network will continue to function process (slowly) transactions.

Shutting down all that hardware with subsidized power will potentially make it easier for all the hobbyist worldwide to mine again and be slightly profitable. That could really invigorate the faithful.

Add in something like this Kodak mining scheme (which seems crazy/desparate?)? Network Hashrates go down and cloud mining with "respectable" Kodak is profitable?  It could get people a lot more excited.

asosharp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #756 on: January 10, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »

Would recommend to diversify crypto portfolio just like you would a regular stock market based one. I would recommend to make Ethereum the bulk of it as it has incredible support and future growth prospects as a Smart contract platform. Other than that look at ones which are working on exciting tech and have a great team that can deliver. Examples, Raiblocks, Substratum, Power Ledger, Stratis , to name a few.

I read an opinion from CoinFi that said for people who don't want to get too involved but want to try it out for the long term they should invest in the top 20 coins and see how it goes in 3 years time. He reckons one of them should at least make good gains to offset the others.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #757 on: January 10, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »
I read an opinion from CoinFi that said for people who don't want to get too involved but want to try it out for the long term they should invest in the top 20 coins and see how it goes in 3 years time. He reckons one of them should at least make good gains to offset the others.

You can also improve your odds in the lottery by buying 20 tickets.

maizeman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #758 on: January 10, 2018, 09:37:51 PM »
I can't believe how profitable GPU mining has been lately. Also, the supply of GPUs are at an all time low and prices are averaging the highest I have seen since I started mining last spring. Interesting time.

I've noticed this as well. Was close to shutting my rig down as it had about paid for itself (not counting price inflation of previously mined coins, with that it had been quite profitable, but that's more luck than anything else) and was only making about 3x as much per month as I was spending on extra electricity. When I initially built it, mining income was about 10x the cost of electrical consumption.

However, for about the last month or so, income has spiked as high as 20x electricity consumption, so I guess my little experiment isn't quite over after all. Just means my next plan for the machine (trying out TensorFlow to train pattern recognition algorithms) will have to wait a bit longer.

maizeman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #759 on: January 11, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »
ZCL to BTCP is an interesting opportunity to make some money if it happens.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZClassic/comments/7mg5je/zcl_btcp_faq/

It seems like people have decided that forking bitcoin (and having bitcoin right in your name) tends to produce bigger and more active communities than launching a new currency from scratch.

I would imagine this trend will continue to grow until there are dozens if not hundreds of currencies which trace their lineage back to a bitcoin fork.

Padonak

• Bristles
« Reply #760 on: January 13, 2018, 09:12:03 PM »
I have been thinking about market drivers behind the current price levels of crypto currencies and their impact on future price levels. Full disclosure: I do not have any investments in crypto but have been following this space closely for the last couple of months. Here are a few thoughts.

Current prices of crypto currencies ($14K for Bitcoin and $1.4K for Ethetium at the moment) are supported by the fact that people are willing to buy them and pay these amounts of FIAT currencies for them.

There is a lot of hype around various ICOs and tokens. For example, Vechain, Raiblocks, the list goes on. Some of these token prices already increased 10X or more, some have potential to go up significantly in the short term. Most of these startups will likely fail but some of their tokens have potential for high risk speculation, at least in the short term.

Many people want to buy these tokens hoping to get huge returns. ICOs and their tokens exist in the Etherium platform. The tokens can be bought for Etherium coin, so the way to buy tokens for new investors is to buy ETH. For example, new investors can buy ETH on Coinbase/GDAX, convert them to tokens on another exchange such as Binance. Those who already have crypto coins can convert them to ETH and then buy tokens or use ETH they already have.

The main thing that supports high price of ETH is the fact that it can be used to buy ICO tokens. For other cryptos, such as Bitcoin (also for ETH to some extent), it's a combination of momentum and hope that they will partially or even fully replace gold and/or FIAT money (gold as a store of value and FIAT as a store of value and medium of exchange).

The fact that some crypto exchanges struggle to register new customers (e.g. Binance) shows how much hype there is in this space and how many people line up to spend their FIAT money to buy crypto currencies and tokens.

Questions:

How long will this bubble continue to inflate? A few months? A few years? How much will the prices of crypto currencies go up before the bubble pops? This can't go on forever. The prices can't go up to infinity.

What event or a series of events will make this bubble pop? Governments cracking down on crypto? Banks and governments shutting down on/off ramps between FIAT and crypto? Most of the popular ICOs turning out to be either scams or just shitty ideas that never make any money? A new recession in the FIAT economy? Just a random big drop in crypto prices leading to a massive selloff and crypto investors/speculators retreating to FIAT?

What will come out of this bubble? Very little or nothing? New blockchain companies current financial giants such as NYSE, Goldman Sachs, Citibank and Western Union? A completely new paradigm similar to the internet that will change our lives forever when it comes to storing and exchanging value, authenticating products and much more? A completely different world without FIAT where the state is separated from money the same way it was separated from church a long time ago?

PS. I was going to post this in the crypto skeptics thread but as I typed this I realized that I will probably get more thoughtful replies in this thread because in that thread there are too many people who very little or nothing about the crypto space and just hate the whole thing blindly. I am hoping to get some thoughts on this subject from both skeptics and enthusiasts. Also, please correct me if any of the assumptions and facts I stated above are wrong.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:51:00 PM by Padonak »

VolcanicArts

• Stubble
« Reply #761 on: January 13, 2018, 10:31:13 PM »
Just saw this thread. My current holdings are BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR, STEEM, POT, EMC2. ETH is my current favorite out of these with a 2018 price target of 3to5k per coin.

theolympians

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #762 on: January 13, 2018, 11:05:46 PM »
Second time I am going to type this on this site today: This sounds like gambling to me.

What are these valuations based on?....More suckers pumping money into the system, as long as that happens it will go up, I guess. I asked roughly this on another thread here but was never answered (I believe): How many crytpo "currencies" are there, and what is the point of having so many? I mean, if one works why buy any other? If you don't like "fiat" currency, wtf is bitcoin or any of the hundreds out there? Everyone takes US dollars, I have heard of no one buying a loaf of bread with it.

Think of it this way: YOU are undermining your country's currency by "investing" in any crypto. If by some wild dream Bitcrap becomes the currency of the future, your dollars are worthless. SS is paid in dollars, you are paid in dollars, your real investments are paid in dollars.

I bet if you bought a brick of cocaine you could make 10x your investment too...

PDXTabs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #763 on: January 13, 2018, 11:26:43 PM »
Think of it this way: YOU are undermining your country's currency by "investing" in any crypto. If by some wild dream Bitcrap becomes the currency of the future, your dollars are worthless. SS is paid in dollars, you are paid in dollars, your real investments are paid in dollars.

In the US cryptocurrencies are taxed as if they were foreign currencies, gold, or stocks. Do those undermine the US dollar? Does me holding euros or gold really threaten SS? PS - I pay FICA on my mining profits.

EDIT - Also, my VTWSX is priced in dollars, but if the dollar ceased to exist tomorrow I would still own a slice of the global stock market. All of those companies would still exist.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:29:51 PM by PDXTabs »

simonkkkkk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #764 on: January 14, 2018, 04:51:10 AM »

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #765 on: January 14, 2018, 06:42:15 AM »
I bet if you bought a brick of cocaine you could make 10x your investment too...

I'm not a crypto fan, but to be fair it seems like the risks of a gangland execution are lower with crypto.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #766 on: January 14, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »

I'm not a crypto fan, but to be fair it seems like the risks of a gangland execution are lower with crypto.

Maybe, but I still see a relevant correlation.  There's probably a good reason why cocaine and bitcoin are both so popular with criminals, right?  Do you think it's purely coincidence?

PDXTabs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #767 on: January 14, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »

Maybe, but I still see a relevant correlation.  There's probably a good reason why cocaine and bitcoin are both so popular with criminals, right?  Do you think it's purely coincidence?

Sure, but it is just replacing US currency. 85% of hard US currency is unaccounted for. El Chapo alone is purported to have $14B.

But I can understand why they might prefer BTC to USD since At His Peak Pablo Escobar Was Losing $2.1 Billion A Year Due To Rats Eating Money In Storage

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #768 on: January 14, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
Jesus, what do you think the ER rates are for drug dealers?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #769 on: January 14, 2018, 12:53:36 PM »
Jesus, what do you think the ER rates are for drug dealers?

Probably depends on when they get caught.

How long does it take to commit enough crime to get a life sentence?  That's the holy grail of early retirement, right there.

jmecklenborg

• Stubble
« Reply #770 on: January 14, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »
I was on Facebook this morning and ran across this photo of two guys who are friends with my brother who got me into Crypto early and who I am indebted to them for that reason...

...both of these guys got into Ethereum early this year when it was under $50.  The guy on the left probably has about $25,000 right now and the guy on the right has upwards of $150,000 after putting in $5,000. 
[MOD EDIT: Posting a photo of people--without their consent--after posting how much money they're making in crypto is maybe not the best idea. Redacted photo.]

These guys got a bunch of guys they were friends with from college and from working at Enterprise Rent-a-Car into this stuff in early 2017, so a whole group has made somewhere from $5,000 up to the previously mentioned $150,000.  So while it's cool that everyone has made money, the disparity from low to high is so dramatic that no doubt it is causing some resentment in the friend group. 

The tragic thing about this photo is that we have all sorts of happy faces in 2018 who are up big after rolling the dice in 2017 (rags to riches for the staff at a goddamn Enterprise Rent-a-Car), but in 2019 we're going to have all sorts of people in ruins who are taking out home equity loans and maxing out their cards in 2018 to throw at this crap. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:29:52 AM by arebelspy »

Padonak

• Bristles
« Reply #771 on: January 14, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »
Oy! Don't post their faces.

What if ETH price goes up to $1,000,000,000 and the dollar becomes green toilet paper? These guys will become super rich compared to the average person. Many poor people will be pissed off when the dollar goes to shit and try to track down and kidnap those guys and their girlfriends. The US has more guns than people, remember?

SimpleSpartan

• Stubble
« Reply #772 on: January 14, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »
Anyone else into substratum (SUB)?

Decentralizing the web, full public beta release soon.

One of the few crypto projects that will make a difference.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #773 on: January 14, 2018, 05:03:14 PM »
What if ETH price goes up to $1,000,000,000 and the dollar becomes green toilet paper? These guys will become super rich compared to the average person.

I think this comment fundamentally misconstrues the nature of wealth.  You're not a trillionaire if you own two thousand shares of stock "valued" at a half billion each, unless there are enough buyers out there to buy them all at that price, and you sell them at that price.  That net worth isn't any more real than market cap is real.  It's an artifice, a fake number found buy multiplying an instantaneous transaction price for one transaction times the theoretical maximum number of transactions, without considering how additional transactions will impact market price.

Dogecoin went from 0.01 cents to 1.5 cents.  There are something like 21 trillion of them, so the founder is technically a billionaire because he has billions of them.  But they're still effectively worthless, he can't actually sell billions of them at that price.  If he sold more than a few thousand per day, the price would plummet because there's just not that much demand for a meme coin.  He didn't actually make anything of value.  He doesn't control a profit-generating enterprise.  He has no capital, no real estate, no employees, no business model, no nothing.  All he has is trillion digitally signed files that he made on his home computer, and he's managed to sell some of them for around a penny.  Is he really a billionaire?

I think not.  That link posted above suggests that the originator of Etherium was briefly worth more than Mark Zuckerberg, who controls a majority stake in one of the largest and most profitable companies in history.  Does anyone really believe that a minority stake in Etherium can make someone wealthier than the Zuck?

So no, I'm not worried about the "green toilet paper" scenario.  Tulip bulbs went though this same phase, where the price of a single lot of bulbs times the number of lots in the market far exceeded the GDP of the nation.  Just because SOME people are willing to pay outlandish prices for tulips does not mean that person has more wealth than the entire nation does.  He couldn't possibly sell them all at that price because there isn't that much money.  It's ridiculous from every angle.  Wealth is not determined by market price.

Wealth generates cash flow.  Power confers control.  Crypto-bros have neither.  All they have are modern day penny stocks they've effectively pumped up to naive investors.  Remember that for every buyer there needs to be a seller, and every coin sold is someone deciding to cash out of their GDP-sized tulip bulb stake for actual dollars that can be used to pay rent and buy bread. 

The stock market works the exact same way, btw.  If your vtsax balance is one million dollars, you're only a millionaire if there are enough buyers for you to liquidate at that price.  By the time you're Warrren Buffet and you control tens of billions of dollars, finding that many buyers becomes problematic.  If you tried to sell it all, you'd crash the market and destroy your own wealth along with everyone else's.

It's like the entire country has forgotten that liquidity is a thing.  Market cap isn't a real value.  Crypto billionaires aren't really billionaires unless they can deceive people long enough to liquidate their holdings.  The more people sell, the harder it is for them to do that.  Hence the fanatical HODL mentality.  Can't have anyone selling and ruining the gravy train for the sellers, that would ruin their artificial scarcity.

It's a giant economic comedy, and I love it.  Hollywood is going to make some great movies about this, in a few years.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:23:29 PM by sol »

Padonak

• Bristles
« Reply #774 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:51 PM »
Sol, my comment was tongue and cheek and I agree with you about net worth.

The only thing I'd like to add is that the smarter ones among those crypto millionaires and billionaires already cashed out their initial investments and then some, so they are playing with house money. They can take excessive risks and still be ok even if this whole crypto house of cards collapses tomorrow.

The dogecoin guy can't cash out, but many people in that space can and already have, at least partially. There are more than enough greater fools for now to buy coins and tokens from those who were lucky to get in before the prices exploded. Maybe even those who start now can 10X their "investments", who knows? However, the last bunch of greater fools will get screwed big time, many of them will be the shoeshine boy types who probably use credit card debt to buy stupid coins. When this will happen is anybody's guess.

forgerator

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »
Anyone else into substratum (SUB)?

Decentralizing the web, full public beta release soon.

One of the few crypto projects that will make a difference.

Yes I have it. Was enjoying when it went above $3 but now back to under 2.

VolcanicArts

• Stubble
« Reply #776 on: January 15, 2018, 01:57:37 PM »
I have been trying to find unique cryptocurrencies that are not just different versions of Bitcoin. The two small ones I have found are STEEM and EMC2, as well as my large holding in ETH which I have been adding to for months. Does anyone have any other ideas for unique altcoins? Iíve also purchased POT just so I can have an investment in cannabis.

waltworks

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #777 on: January 15, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
Slightly OT - if you want exposure to the cannabis industry, I'd be buying ADM or Phillip Morris or something. Your hippy neighbor is not going to be able to compete when the actual agriculture people get involved, POTcoins or not.

-W

theolympians

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #778 on: January 15, 2018, 11:06:03 PM »
I have't been on this site a super long time, but this is getting crazy. Why don't people just buy lotto tickets? All the conversation is about what is going up, unrelated to what it is. What happened to investing for retirement? Stocks, bonds, etfs? It seems this site is becoming more of a get rich quick, jump on the band wagon BS.

maizeman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #779 on: January 15, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »
I have't been on this site a super long time, but this is getting crazy. Why don't people just buy lotto tickets? All the conversation is about what is going up, unrelated to what it is. What happened to investing for retirement? Stocks, bonds, etfs? It seems this site is becoming more of a get rich quick, jump on the band wagon BS.

In the 35 posts on the most recent page of this thread, the most I could even charitably read as suggesting people buy [or that the poster had bought] some cryptocurrency because the price is going up, or may go up in the future was 7, and if I don't lean over backwards to read in intent that may not be there it's more like 3-4.

10-20% of posts in a discussion is hardly "all the conversation," wouldn't you agree?

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #780 on: January 15, 2018, 11:44:40 PM »

LOL, you must have skimmed the thread. Some of us are quickly generating 10's of thousands of dollars having already claimed back original "investment/gamble" and plowing the proceeds into more VTI and VEA. I've at least knocked a year off my fire date in 5 months.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #781 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:38 PM »
You have to admit, that's kind of funny.  Immediately after maizeman very reasonably says "well we're not actually saying you should buy" someone chimes in to say "you should buy".  Literally minutes later.  That's gold, right there. 

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #782 on: January 16, 2018, 12:07:38 AM »
You have to admit, that's kind of funny.  Immediately after maizeman very reasonably says "well we're not actually saying you should buy" someone chimes in to say "you should buy".  Literally minutes later.  That's gold, right there.
You read what you wanted to read. I certainly did not say " you should buy".

thenextguy

• Stubble
« Reply #783 on: January 16, 2018, 08:33:09 AM »
I have been trying to find unique cryptocurrencies that are not just different versions of Bitcoin.

There are tons of coins that are quite different than BTC. Two I like are ETH and XMR.

thenextguy

• Stubble
« Reply #784 on: January 16, 2018, 08:37:04 AM »
The New York Times just published a good article about the future of cryptocurrencies and why it's such an exciting space.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/magazine/beyond-the-bitcoin-bubble.html

Edit: It's mainly about ETH and why it's so important, but it does talk about the space in general, too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:48:30 AM by thenextguy »

thenextguy

• Stubble
« Reply #785 on: January 16, 2018, 08:53:45 AM »
You have to admit, that's kind of funny.  Immediately after maizeman very reasonably says "well we're not actually saying you should buy"

Uh, that's not what he said.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #786 on: January 16, 2018, 09:50:22 AM »
You have to admit, that's kind of funny.  Immediately after maizeman very reasonably says "well we're not actually saying you should buy"

He seemed to say that he was really happy with his bitcoin investment, had made a whole bunch of money, and was continuing to invest in it.  I don't think it was reading too much between the lines to say that sounds like an endorsement.

thenextguy

• Stubble
« Reply #787 on: January 16, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »

He seemed to say that he was really happy with his bitcoin investment, had made a whole bunch of money, and was continuing to invest in it.  I don't think it was reading too much between the lines to say that sounds like an endorsement.

I can't tell if you're being serious. That's not what maizeman said.

But regardless, why are you even in this thread? It's about "Blockchain / Crypto-Currency Portfolios and Discussion." You obviously don't own any cryptocurrencies and you spend your time talking about anything but said topic. I believe that's called trolling.

You know what I say about things I'm not interested in? Nothing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:02:45 AM by thenextguy »

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #788 on: January 16, 2018, 10:04:55 AM »

But regardless, why are you even in this thread? It's about "Blockchain / Crypto-Currency Portfolios and Discussion." You obviously don't own any cryptocurrencies and you spend your time talking about anything but said topic. I believe that's called trolling.

Did I unfairly characterize what maizeman said, or what powskier said?  Either way, it's just a joke.  You can safely relax.

As for part two of your post, are you asking me to not share my opinion on a public internet forum?  Oh please, ask again.  That always works.

thenextguy

• Stubble
« Reply #789 on: January 16, 2018, 10:09:52 AM »

Did I unfairly characterize what maizeman said, or what powskier said?  Either way, it's just a joke.  You can safely relax.

As for part two of your post, are you asking me to not share my opinion on a public internet forum? 

No, I'm not asking you to not share your opinion on a public forum (your reading comprehension difficulties continue). I'm asking if you can stay on topic. Pretty sure that's not a radical concept.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #790 on: January 16, 2018, 10:21:04 AM »
I'm asking if you can stay on topic. Pretty sure that's not a radical concept.

I do love a good tangent.  Not in this thread, though.

Was there a specific comment in this thread about cryptocuurrencies that you felt was insufficiently related to cryptocurrencies?  If you're going to throw out accusations, I'm happy to entertain them if you have specifics.  It seems kind of off topic for this thread, but I'll follow you there if you want.

Socmonkey

• Stubble
    • Doubling Dollars
« Reply #791 on: January 16, 2018, 10:38:59 AM »
I have been telling people about STEEM on this forum for a while now. I have been blogging there since August of 2016 and now have STEEM worth around $85,000 with no outside investment. The only crypto I hold is STEEM as I believe that the uses for it will continue to strengthen it in comparison to the hundreds of coins that don't do much.

Steem now has a YouTube-like site called D.Tube which pays content creators STEEM coins. That includes a live-streaming off shoot that is similar to Twitch.tv.
There is also D.Music for musicians to get paid for their songs.

There is SteemShot, which is like Instagram.

Steem has a Twitter-like App called Zappl.

Steem has created Smart Media Tokens (SMT) which allow other websites to use the steem blockchain. The first use of this is coming out soon using the VICE Token, and all Steem holders will get a 1-1 dividend in their accounts. VICE is a pornography site backed by large outfits like Penthouse that will pay video creators in VICE tokens. Similar to Steem, 75% of the upvoted reward will go to the video creator while 25% will go to those who have curated it by upvoting. Yes, this site will pay viewers to watch porn. And this is just the first use of the SMT's.

STEEM is the #1 transacted cryptocurrency per day. The Steem blockchain has ZERO transaction fees, can perform 10,000 per second, and only takes 3 seconds to confirm.

Steemit.com is rapidly rising in the Alexa ranking, up around 1300 worldwide and it is less than 2 years old.

There are currently about 263 million STEEM coins in existence, and it is inflating at a rate of 9% this year, dropping by 1% per year until reaching an inflation rate of 1% where it will stay. That means there will only be about 600 million STEEM coins in 20 years. Additionally, to be receive more upvote and curation rewards, users need to "power up" their STEEM. This process locks it in as illiquid. To make it transferable again, a user needs to power down - a process which takes 13 weeks with 1/13th liquefied per week.

This also creates protection against account loss as any hacker obtaining your password still has to wait 7 days before they can have any of your powered up STEEM. In a change from any other cryptcurrency, Steemit has a sort of customer service which can verify you and give you back control of your account if you lose control of your password key.

Since STEEM has so many uses, you can "delegate" it to other users in a rental transaction. Currently, I can receive a 40% APR for giving the use of my STEEM to high bidders. The STEEM never leaves your wallet, it is just temporarily controlled by the other party.

All-in-all, this is by far the most useful cryptocurrency coin I know of. This is why it is my only holding in the cryptocurrency market. The future of crypto does not belong to Bitcoin, it belongs to coins which have use and pay you for becoming a stakeholder.

KTG

• Stubble
« Reply #792 on: January 16, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
GUYS! Just found out about a new crypto called K-CoinTheBomb and its really cool. Prob worth around $1 each but I am getting some insider info that this thing is going to blow up big.

Best part about it is that you can't spend it anywhere. But it will really look nice in your crypto portfolio.

PM for email on where to send your Paypal payments to.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #793 on: January 16, 2018, 01:21:57 PM »
GUYS! Just found out about a new crypto called K-CoinTheBomb and its really cool. Prob worth around $1 each but I am getting some insider info that this thing is going to blow up big.

Best part about it is that you can't spend it anywhere. But it will really look nice in your crypto portfolio.

PM for email on where to send your Paypal payments to.

50% of your posts are related to cryptocurrency. We get it, you think cryptocurrencies are a bad investment. I tend to agree with you, but you don't need to post it over and over again. If you have something interesting to share, that's fine, but posts like this are just obnoxious.

BattlaP

• Stubble
« Reply #794 on: January 16, 2018, 01:40:26 PM »
I have been telling people about STEEM on this forum for a while now. I have been blogging there since August of 2016 and now have STEEM worth around $85,000 with no outside investment. The only crypto I hold is STEEM as I believe that the uses for it will continue to strengthen it in comparison to the hundreds of coins that don't do much.

Steem now has a YouTube-like site called D.Tube which pays content creators STEEM coins. That includes a live-streaming off shoot that is similar to Twitch.tv.
There is also D.Music for musicians to get paid for their songs.

There is SteemShot, which is like Instagram.

Steem has a Twitter-like App called Zappl.

Steem has created Smart Media Tokens (SMT) which allow other websites to use the steem blockchain. The first use of this is coming out soon using the VICE Token, and all Steem holders will get a 1-1 dividend in their accounts. VICE is a pornography site backed by large outfits like Penthouse that will pay video creators in VICE tokens. Similar to Steem, 75% of the upvoted reward will go to the video creator while 25% will go to those who have curated it by upvoting. Yes, this site will pay viewers to watch porn. And this is just the first use of the SMT's.

STEEM is the #1 transacted cryptocurrency per day. The Steem blockchain has ZERO transaction fees, can perform 10,000 per second, and only takes 3 seconds to confirm.

Steemit.com is rapidly rising in the Alexa ranking, up around 1300 worldwide and it is less than 2 years old.

There are currently about 263 million STEEM coins in existence, and it is inflating at a rate of 9% this year, dropping by 1% per year until reaching an inflation rate of 1% where it will stay. That means there will only be about 600 million STEEM coins in 20 years. Additionally, to be receive more upvote and curation rewards, users need to "power up" their STEEM. This process locks it in as illiquid. To make it transferable again, a user needs to power down - a process which takes 13 weeks with 1/13th liquefied per week.

This also creates protection against account loss as any hacker obtaining your password still has to wait 7 days before they can have any of your powered up STEEM. In a change from any other cryptcurrency, Steemit has a sort of customer service which can verify you and give you back control of your account if you lose control of your password key.

Since STEEM has so many uses, you can "delegate" it to other users in a rental transaction. Currently, I can receive a 40% APR for giving the use of my STEEM to high bidders. The STEEM never leaves your wallet, it is just temporarily controlled by the other party.

All-in-all, this is by far the most useful cryptocurrency coin I know of. This is why it is my only holding in the cryptocurrency market. The future of crypto does not belong to Bitcoin, it belongs to coins which have use and pay you for becoming a stakeholder.

Seriously though, the mods need to decide if they're going to allow chain letters, Ponzi schemes and pump-and-dump schemes to just post outright nonsense like this.

And to the guys trying to keep rational discussion out of their cryptocurrency thread - no, we will not stop reminding you that it's all stupid and that you're being misled, potentially making incredibly bad decisions about money. Others will learn from our posts and the post history will record the differing opinions of the time.

Socmonkey

• Stubble
    • Doubling Dollars
« Reply #795 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »
Sorry, I will refrain from passing on information expanding the background behind blockchain platforms that I have been a part of for the last 18 months.

You may continue trading cryptos on hype and rumors instead of actual use and utility.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #796 on: January 16, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
You may continue trading cryptos on hype and rumors instead of actual use and utility.

Just so we're clear, people are objecting to your post precisely because it is hype and rumors.

Ben Hogan

• Stubble
« Reply #797 on: January 16, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »
The big correction is finally here. :)

2Birds1Stone

• Magnum Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #798 on: January 16, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »

It will bounce back. This is just a buying opportunity.

trollwithamustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #799 on: January 16, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »

It will bounce back. This is just a buying opportunity.

In the parlance of our times,  they are HODL :)