Author Topic: New Canadian Mustachian seeking guidance with how to invest $90,000..please help  (Read 1748 times)

daveromanyk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hello Everyone,

Great to have found this website and community. Its refreshing to see so many people planning and thinking about their financial future. I unfortunately have not thought about it much and have been scared do take the plunge in investing my money. Im looking for some support and guidance from my fellow Canadians with figuring out how to invest my hard earned and saved $90,000. I need to put it somewhere and I'm just scared to do it. Im 33 and want to make the right decision. Right now its not invested in anything and I'm debating whether i should go the dividend stock route or invest in ETF's or maybe do both. If there are any financial planners in the Ottawa area willing to talk to me and help me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much for the help and tips,

Dave

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
http://canadiancouchpotato.com/about/

Read and understand this.  Then act.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
CCP is great. For $90k lump sum.. figure your asset allocation, buy to meet it. That's all.

Well, except use your TFSA room first, then probably RRSP. Canadian equity (10-20%) will be best unregistered due to the dividend tax credit.

TD eSeries is possibly the best mix of simplicity and flexibility and price. Tangerine is simpler but more expensive, discount brokerage is cheaper but more complex.

fb132

Do what they just said, invest on one of CCP portfolio's (I prefer the Vanguard model) and that's it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!