Author Topic: Mango is holding my money hostage  (Read 2067 times)

lbonga1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mango is holding my money hostage
« on: May 07, 2018, 10:38:45 PM »
A few months ago I got a message upon logging in to my Mango Money account that I'd be receiving a new card. I don't ever use the card so I just brushed it off and forgot about it. I made a transfer into my account to refill some of that stash that I had to pull from last year and went about my business. Then last month I found out that my kids' new preschool is going to need a $3k deposit, so I logged on again to transfer some money back out of the savings again. I got the same message and remembered I never received the card, but again I don't use it so whatever. But after a couple days I got an email from Fidelity (where I initiated the ACH pull from) that the transfer couldn't be completed because my Mango account is locked. So I called them, and they told me it's because they're switching banks and I need to activate the new card. I told them to send it again. Waited two weeks and never received it. Called again and they said they'd expedite a card to me. It's been over a week again now, and I haven't received it. I've verified multiple times that they have my correct address. What can I do about this? It doesn't make any sense to me that I can transfer money in but not out, and also why would I need to activate the card to be able to electronically transfer out? None of it makes sense.

Rob_bob

• Bristles
Re: Mango is holding my money hostage
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »
Really don't know what to do other than keep after them.  A quick Google shows they have had bad customer service in the past, looks like they haven't changed.

aboatguy

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:48:36 PM »
Mango rash is a thing  I try to avoid it.

Now you know you should avoid it too

I hope you get your money back!

lbonga1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:26:16 PM »
Ouch! That looks painful!