Author Topic: Investment tracking Software & Robot Investing  (Read 1364 times)

HildaCorners

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Professional Polymath
Investment tracking Software & Robot Investing
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
{I know there are several threads on tracking software, but I did't find an answer to my question.}

I'm using YNAB to track spending. However, it doesn't do a good job with investments — not a complaint; it isn't designed for that.

I know there are a few good investment trackers out there, but I'm looking for one that can take apart my "robot investing" account and put it's assets into the right allocations.

[Robot investing is the industry term for Betterment, Wealthfront, and the like.]

Does anyone know of software that will do this, and keep the robot accounts up to date? For example, if my robot account holds 45% US stocks, and there's a market crash, will the software automatically adjust to show 40% of my account value is in US stocks.

Wealthfront (my robot) has rudimentary tracking, but I'd like something more detailed.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
Re: Investment tracking Software & Robot Investing
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:23:26 PM »
The whole point in the robot is that it does this for you, which is great for new investors and those with analysis paralysis. It sounds like you now have the knowledge to rebalance things yourself. Just transfer the account to Vanguard ( make sure to transfer the ETFs "in kind"), and save yourself the .25%.

extremedefense

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Investment tracking Software & Robot Investing
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
Have you tried personal capital?