Author Topic: HSA Account Type Choices  (Read 1016 times)

psychomaggle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
HSA Account Type Choices
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:09:29 AM »
Link to picture of my options below. I'm at work and no access to a scanner and attaching and uploading is locked down, so excuse the quality. I also couldn't find a breakdown of these options online.

I plan on just using HSA as an investment account until retirement. I don't plan to actually use any of the funds for medical expenses until retirement. That said, according to Optum Bank's questionnaire, I'm best suited for the third option "Health eInvestor HSA" But comparing Health eInvestor HSA and Health eSaver HSA, it seems like eSaver is the better option because no monthly investment fee. Plus higher investment APY (even if that APY is only applied to money not invested and just sitting in the HSA as savings - it's still higher). The only plus I see to eInvestor HSA is I can start investing at $500 instead of $2000. But long term, who cares? I'll be at $2000 pretty soon and would rather never pay the $3.00 monthly investment fee when I get there.

Gonna go ahead an attach their questionnaire, too. My score after I answer is 12.

Options: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0KULCtDPkCeBKYS3xU8o0AC6_awu8_g/view?usp=sharing
Questionnaire: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1dfqnmpbYzyr7fU3rdspItO99MMCYga/view?usp=sharing

Aggie1999

• Bristles
Re: HSA Account Type Choices
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 10:16:52 AM »
You high deductible insurance through work does not offer the HSA account? It's more tax efficient to have HSA deductions taken directly out of your paycheck as opposed to doing a HSA account yourself.

psychomaggle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 10:22:27 AM »
Yeah, that's what this is actually, but they're offering me these options now.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:08:53 AM »
Or transfer all the HSA money to Fidelity or Lively where there are no extra fees at all.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!