Author Topic: Creating a list of 10 cryptocurrencies most likely to succeed  (Read 46625 times)

VolcanicArts

• Stubble
Creating a list of 10 cryptocurrencies most likely to succeed
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:23:50 PM »
Hi, I’ve been away from MMM forums for a while due to long work hrs, a recent vacation, and a lot of time dabbling in the cryptocurrency market. I’ve opened two new accounts, one on Coinbase and one on Poloniex. So far I have purchased over the last few months a lot of ETH, some BTC, some LTC, some XRM and some STEEM. I would really like to compile a good list of what people think are the top ten most likely to succeed and the reasons why. I would like to stress that it would be nice to just have this thread for positive feeds and not as a debate as to why investing in cryptos is a bad idea, or may fail (I am already aware of the risk an will not be allotting more than 15% NW to cryptos). I’ve already done some significant reading on ETH and will add this information soon. Any information contributed to this list will be greatly appreciated.

Scortius

• Bristles
Re: Creating a list of 10 cryptocurrencies most likely to succeed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:46:20 PM »
1) No, just ... no

2) There are quite a few threads in the Investor Alley subforum.

MrThatsDifferent

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:05:06 AM »
1) No, just ... no

2) There are quite a few threads in the Investor Alley subforum.

Lol

ILikeDividends

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:12:29 AM »
Wait for the Federal Reserve to establish a crypto-USD.  It'll be a sure winner.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:01 AM »
Wait for the Federal Reserve to establish a crypto-USD.  It'll be a sure winner.

This would be very helpful for monetary policy. Imagine if instead of increasing the money supply at the banks, they increased it in your checking account. That would surely lead to a faster uptick in inflation. During the last financial crisis most banks just sat on the money.

VolcanicArts, I'm reluctant to "invest" any money in cryptocurrencies. However, if I was to do so I would be looking at ETH, XMR, and ZEC (in that order).

Indexer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:27:06 PM »
One that doesn't exist yet.

Probably...

... that one.

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 03:37:50 PM »
Hedge with the coin looking to work with banks: XRP.

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
Dogecoin, because it is just as valid as the rest.
Potcoin, becuase it has "pot" in the name.
XYZcoin, because blockchain fix everything and make all counterarguments silly, negative, ill-informed, and stupid.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
Dogecoin, because it is just as valid as the rest.

+1 for Dogecoin.  It's based on a meme, and we all know that memes power the entire internet.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »
+1 for Dogecoin.  It's based on a meme, and we all know that memes power the entire internet.

Seems legit. If you are going to have digital currency for the Internet, meme's seem like as good a base as anything.

harvestbook

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
No way will there be ten winners.

I could see BTC surviving purely as an alternative store of value and maybe one other as an actual decentralized currency for those who want to play outside the system (as long as it doesn't threaten the established government currencies.) When the central banks create their own, the value will be relatively stable. After all, currency should have value but not be valuable unto itself.

I'd rather hear an argument as to why we need 10 different digital currencies than why they will all fail, because we've heard all those a million times.

Rockies

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »
The only one single currency that will survive is Byteball (GBYTE). Its a fourth generation cryptocurrency and purchasing/sending/smart contracts, etc are all conducted through an easy to use text bot. 

Every single other crypto currency will be worth 0.0000524$/coin in 10 years.

This thread is silly.

VolcanicArts

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 08:07:18 PM »
No way will there be ten winners.

I could see BTC surviving purely as an alternative store of value and maybe one other as an actual decentralized currency for those who want to play outside the system (as long as it doesn't threaten the established government currencies.) When the central banks create their own, the value will be relatively stable. After all, currency should have value but not be valuable unto itself.

I'd rather hear an argument as to why we need 10 different digital currencies than why they will all fail, because we've heard all those a million times.

Initially I thought the same thing. Why are there so many crypto currencies to choose from, but when I looked more into it I realized that not all of them are metoo bitcoins. Many of them operate completely different and are not necessarily designed to function as currency, but more as platforms for innovation in a specific business sector. Also I like to compare these to the stock market. Why does the stock market have thousands of stocks to choose from? The answer is they all work differently than the other stocks and have different metrics\parameters. It is funny, as another poster mentioned POT and I recently bought a few hundred in that one because I didn’t have any cannabis plays. ETH is definitely my favorite right now and recent news indicates that Russia has pretty much legalized cryptocurrency and the administration is in direct talks with ETH founder to use it and tie it to the ruble. Also pilot testing is occurring with more than 200 multinational companies to use its smart contract and app development features. I believe ETH is highly likely to succeed because Russia can use it to bypass sanctions. Also if you were to think about many of the altcoins kind of like penny stocks (which there are thousands), every now and then a penny stock succeeds and whoever was able to buy and hold made a fortune, but the majority fail in the long run. I believe this technology is the future and that some will succeed, it is just a matter of figuring out which ones.

Wintergreen78

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »
Cryptokitties. They are blockchain kittens. What else do you need to know?

Also - everyone knows kittens are better than dogs.

theolympians

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
Virtual Beanie Babies, Cyber Cabbage Patch Kids.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 01:55:06 AM »

This is a good one.  Runner up, the one Apple or Google releases.  Apple is already establishing a currency ecosystem so it's only a matter of time.

Ben Hogan

• Stubble
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 09:23:59 AM »
Since the Shitcoins are really just all speculation IMO, I use none traditional methods to "valuate" or guesstimate it's chance for increasing. Here is a list I follow that shows commits and contributors in the code. Which then I can go through their repository and follow up on the issues thats submitted, vs the commitment to fix. And of course, do try to understand what the product is for. The best example is Ripple, XRP is not needed for Ripple, so where do you think this is long term, can you still get in short term?

http://jsfiddle.net/wassname/jwxsr9qw/2/embedded/result/

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!