Author Topic: Bitcoin is funny money  (Read 156840 times)

the_gastropod

• Bristles
Re: Bitcoin is funny money
« Reply #950 on: July 20, 2021, 12:49:33 PM »
I just happen to think that crypto will be fine in the long run thanks to all the blockchain innovations. 
Zooming out, looking at the big picture ...
I own crypto as part of my portfolio because I think it has a future.

That's all well and good. It'd just be nice if those saying this could coherently articulate what those innovations are and why they'll benefit the future.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #951 on: July 20, 2021, 12:53:17 PM »
I just happen to think that crypto will be fine in the long run thanks to all the blockchain innovations. 
Zooming out, looking at the big picture ...
I own crypto as part of my portfolio because I think it has a future.

That's all well and good. It'd just be nice if those saying this could coherently articulate what those innovations are and why they'll benefit the future.

yep - the only answers i've seen given so far is if you have to have it explained to you then you don't get it.  I should probably start up a new crypto coin with that motto i'll be rich.

the_gastropod

• Bristles
« Reply #952 on: July 22, 2021, 07:02:11 AM »
MSNBC aired this interview with Tether’s CTO and general counsel last night. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEqyiO35cQ

- they refuse to share any info about the allegedly “A-2” rated commercial paper they’re holding
- refused to answer who rated this commercial paper
- they cannot disclose where the CEO or CFO are
- refused to disclose who they bank with
- seem to proudly state that they hold 24 hours of liquidity
- several blatant lies told: “we have never refused a redemption”. Emails released as part of the NYAG investigation show that they were unable to make redemptions due to liquidity issues several times.

Tough to say whether we’re talking criminal negligence and ineptitude or criminal fraud. Either way, this story doesn’t end well.