Author Topic: Wrap your stash around this short film on Consumerism.  (Read 3972 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Wrap your stash around this short film on Consumerism.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing the link.

It was a bit overly simplistic, but I know a few non-Mustachians I'll be sending this to, as part of my (not so subtle) propaganda efforts to wean them from consumerism and towards Mustachianism.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

vwDavid

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »
excellent,thanks for posting!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »
I know a few non-Mustachians I'll be sending this to, as part of my (not so subtle) propaganda efforts to wean them from consumerism and towards Mustachianism.

Sent it, as above.  Here was one response I got back:

Gosh, gee wilikers. That sure was good, informative too. I liked the pictures. Especially the one of the unhappy woman, drinking and holding shopping bags.

I cant wait to buy that guy's book, I hope it comes with a bundle of other books I can buy at the costco. Let me know if u have a coupon!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Stephanie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:52:05 AM »
I enjoyed the format...but I think the only ones who might appreciate it are the ones who already believe it.  Preaching the choir.  ;-)

Maybe they will do something with a more direct "how this will make your life super-awesome!!!" format.  That usually works well to persuade people.  Look at the crap people buy...that doesn't deliver on that promise.

Thanks for sharing.

cdttmm

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
Wow -- I can't believe that video has been out for nearly 5 months and this is the first time I'm seeing it!  Also, it's sad that it has only been viewed about 250,000 times at this point.  I think that's a sad commentary on our society and what we consider to be important.  There are so many videos on YouTube that get 250,000 views in the first week of being posted and they are generally worthless crap!  But, I did my part and posted it on my Facebook wall.  I'll be interested in see what types of comments I get from people...