Author Topic: Your Lifestyle Has Already Been Designed  (Read 3388 times)

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
Re: Your Lifestyle Has Already Been Designed
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »
http://www.raptitude.com/2010/07/your-lifestyle-has-already-been-designed/
Here, lemme clothe that naked link for you:
Well I’m in the working world again. I’ve found myself a well-paying gig in the engineering industry, and life finally feels like it’s returning to normal after my nine months of traveling.
Because I had been living quite a different lifestyle while I was away, this sudden transition to 9-to-5 existence has exposed something about it that I overlooked before.
(...)
One of the most surprising discoveries I made during my trip was that I spent much less per month traveling foreign counties (including countries more expensive than Canada) than I did as a regular working joe back home. I had much more free time, I was visiting some of the most beautiful places in the world, I was meeting new people left and right, I was calm and peaceful and otherwise having an unforgettable time, and somehow it cost me much less than my humble 9-5 lifestyle here in one of Canada’s least expensive cities.

Jamesqf

• Magnum Stache
Re: Your Lifestyle Has Already Been Designed
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 09:19:20 PM »
You know, I think he's extrapolating his personal lack of self-discipline into a universal lifestyle.

I spent less travelling in foreign countries, too (if you exclude the airfare), because I was riding a bike and sleeping in a tent.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!