Author Topic: $1.80 bottle of wine!  (Read 2207 times)

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
$1.80 bottle of wine!
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:41:58 AM »
Ages ago I signed up for a mystery shopper program that I really don't look at that often. My criteria for accepting assignments is that I was going to buy something anyway, and it doesn't cost me anything in extra fuel.

So today I went to mail something for work, and decided to check out the jobs available at my local shopping centre. There was one for the bottle shop paying $3.20, and all I had to do was make a purchase. 1 bottle of cleanskin red later (total cost $5), and I'm sitting on my verandah watching the storm roll in, nursing my $0.80 glass of red! Not a bad way to spend the evening. Best part is I have two more $0.80 glasses left for tomorrow and the next day.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
Re: $1.80 bottle of wine!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:33 AM »
Cool, mystery shopper stuff sounds interesting, must check it out sometime. The cleanskin was drinkable then? I was turned off by clearskins years ago when a friend insisted on buying them for dinner. Some of them nearly made me retch so I've been leery since.

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 03:01:32 AM »
Absolutely drinkable. Mind you, a cleanskin from "Barossa Valley region" is a pretty safe bet. Not many bad wines come out of South Australia.

My plan was to freeze it and use it for cooking if it was too crap, but it wasn't. :)

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 03:20:29 AM »
Nice stuff!

I tend to buy cleanskin bottles of red in boxes of six. $18 for six bottles of quite drinkable red wine? I'm happy :)