Author Topic: banana republic sale/glitch  (Read 3452 times)

griffin

• Stubble
banana republic sale/glitch
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
Hey guys, just a head's up that Banana Republic is having their Fall sale right now (up to 50% off stuff) while the discount code BRYAY40 (40% off) is still active (it was supposed to expire yesterday). Some stuff is really cheap! I got some chinos for ~13 bucks. I think they might end up cancelling my order if they notice in time, but I'm crossing my fingers :)
Cheers!
(Forgot to mention, I think this might apply only to US residents. Not sure though)

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
Re: banana republic sale/glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 05:01:37 PM »
I'm always wary of these "glitches." Used to play an online freemium game that had a few of these. Always laughed at the suckers loading up on useless tokens and crap.

Emilyngh

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »
Hey guys, just a head's up that Banana Republic is having their Fall sale right now (up to 50% off stuff) while the discount code BRYAY40 (40% off) is still active (it was supposed to expire yesterday). Some stuff is really cheap! I got some chinos for ~13 bucks. I think they might end up cancelling my order if they notice in time, but I'm crossing my fingers :)
Cheers!
(Forgot to mention, I think this might apply only to US residents. Not sure though)

Thanks for the info.   I looked and put 4 tops in my cart.   Went through far enough to verify that the 40% is still working.   But, then decided that I really have plenty of tops, plus applying the 40% means I have to pay $7 shipping (making the deals not so great), plus, buying online there's a good chance that at least one won't fit.   

But, if someone needs something, feels confident about the size (or doesn't mind risking being able to exchange or paying for returning things), there could be some good deals.

DollarsAndDissonance

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:25 PM »
Good deals.  I bought a couple things.  I don't think the layering of discounts is a glitch.  That should tell you something about what a rip-off their normal prices are!

Sunflower

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
Thanks!

I've been putting off shopping for some new work pants and this was the motivation I needed.

I'm pretty confident with sizing at BR but when in doubt I just order two different sizes. I usually return 50% of any order but you can return online purchases at a physical store so I just drive over to the mall and take back whatever I don't want to avoid paying shipping.

missksaves

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Saving for FU $, then FIRE
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
So I know I shouldn't have purchased things from this sale but I did.... >.>

BR things ARE overpriced. With that 40% glitch actually brings down to what I would purchase.. Still not mustachian though.