Author Topic: Former badger visiting Madison Sept 5-7 and looking for a place to pitch a tent.  (Read 1753 times)

HandlebarMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Howdy Mustachian Community, I'm traveling to Madison this weekend (Friday the 5th through Monday) to watch a friend do this Ironman thing. I was wondering if anyone in the Madison area might allow me to pitch a tent in their yard for Friday, sat, and/or Sunday nights. I'll buy you a pitcher of beer at the terrace... ;)

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
you'd be welcome to stay here friday/saturday nights. caveats:
-no yard, so you'd be in my living room / on the couch if you want
-I only have one house key (can probably be fixed by 8pm fri.?)
-I'm in Sun Prairie, which is probably a 30 minute drive from the terrace in ironman traffic
-I will be out from 9pm Friday to probably 11pm Saturday (midnight bike race followed by hangout time followed by cookout across town)
-I have a couchsurfer/roommate hybrid moving onto the couch Sunday morning so I should probably kick you out then (she'd probably be cool with it tbh, but just in case)
-apartment's a little messy right now

totally understandable if this is more trouble than you're looking for, anybody else with better options feel free to chime in

I'll ask around at work tomorrow too. I have a few friends with yards who live much closer and would probably be cool with it
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:53:47 PM by Russ »

HandlebarMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Russ, sorry for the delayed response-have been out of WiFi access. I was able to find a place to stay a little closer to Madison but I just wanted to say THANKS for your very generous offer and prompt response. Good luck at the bike race and drop me a line if you ever find yourself in Philly and need a place to stay..thanks again.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
no prob, have fun!