Author Topic: Wow, Mustachian Living  (Read 2202 times)

ViragoStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Hoarding me booty...
Wow, Mustachian Living
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
I don't know anything else about this town except for the video, but that is amazing.  My kids are on buses to school (the HS is walk-able and I plan to make the kids do it) and the grade school is on a road that is really dangerous where they discourage even the kids that live on that road from walking/biking to school.

http://www.upworthy.com/yes-this-town-is-real-yes-its-totally-adorable-and-yes-what-it-did-is-making-kids-happier

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
Re: Wow, Mustachian Living
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:13:42 AM »
It would be nice if more towns where this was feasible would do this and there are.

Neustache

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Wow, Mustachian Living
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:23:37 AM »
Love this!  Our school is very close, but unfortunately there's not a great way to get there without going completely out of the way - It's technically just a mile or so away as the crow flies, but there's city owned land behind our subdivision that's packed with trees and a small creek but deepish ravine.  If the city would build a bridge and walking/biking path we could easily walk to school, as could probably about 50 other families.  As it is now, we'd be walking on a very busy, two lane road without sidewalks.