Author Topic: Republic Wireless - Just switched  (Read 2634 times)

BayAreaRedneck

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Republic Wireless - Just switched
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »
Just ran the numbers on switching to Republic wireless after reading the posts on MMM page. Here is my situation:
- Current ATT bill (inc fees):                          $52 per month
- Monthly bill with Republic (inc fees):           $27
       Savings per month                                 $25

- Cost of Moto G (tx and S&H included) :      $172 and change
- $ my functional IPhone 5 should fetch :     $153 from Nextworth
        Max out of pocket spent                       $ 19

Total time to recoup investment: 1 month max (assuming I sell the IPhone within the month)

No Brainer. I ordered mine to start ASAP. If it works out well we'll switch my wife over too.

Constance Noring

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Republic Wireless - Just switched
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »

Sparafusile

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »
Good for you! I switched quite a while ago and have noticed a dramatic increase in performance over that time. I joined early enough that I get a 10% discount on all plans forever plus I only need the $10 ($9 for me) plan so I'm way past profitable after dropping AT&T. It was an excellent choice and I've never regretted it.

bmiles62

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »
I just got my Moto X last week and have been loving the service and my plan is to port my number over from Verizon on the 19th as my contract is up on the 18th. I have been waiting for this moment for months. Unfortunately I just received an email from Republic that said they are restructuring the cost of data while roaming. Not sure if this is a deal breaker for me but depending on where you live it might be. Here is what they said.

While we develop our solution, we WILL be keeping wireless data roaming available to you. However, beginning Monday, September 15th, we will be lowering the standard wireless data roaming allotment to 25MB and reducing roaming speeds. Based on our data, this will accommodate most of you guys who need wireless data roaming while allowing us to offer low-priced plans for the entire member base (our top priority).

https://community.republicwireless.com/blogs/republic/2014/09/10/an-update-to-our-data-roaming-policy?utm_source=blog_link&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=product&utm_term=member&utm_content=data_roaming_9_10_14

stlbrah

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 07:13:33 PM »
sell the iphone on ebay. don't deal with a  service that will just flip your phone for more

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!