Author Topic: Where are the signatures?  (Read 6388 times)

VividPixels

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Where are the signatures?
« on: September 11, 2018, 10:04:52 AM »
Hi! In https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/you-don't-have-to-hustle-do-you/msg2131265/#msg2131265, one user suggested that the reader look at the content in kpd905's signature. I thought the signature would be at the bottom of that user's posts, but I don't see it. Where are they? I know there's a setting to hide signatures but I don't have it enabled.

Thanks!

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
Re: Where are the signatures?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 10:11:56 AM »
So if you view this page https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/you-don't-have-to-hustle-do-you/msg2131055/#msg2131055 do you see just one line next to kpd905?

I see their one line post, a thin line, and then four lines that are the signature.

VividPixels

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:20:26 AM »
I took a screenshot of what I see: https://screenshots.firefox.com/chRrYyxGcCtZzaUI/forum.mrmoneymustache.com

It's the same logged in or out.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
There’s a thread right above/below yours (in this moment) that mentions a poster with fewer than 100 posts cannot view or make signatures now. (Spam prevention = inability to make; inability to view was a side effect, I guess.) There, Solon also mentioned there’s a setting for anyone to voluntarily not have sigs visible.

VividPixels

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 11:28:00 AM »
I thought it was something like that too, but didn't know how best to ask. Thanks.

Dr.Jeckyl

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »
There’s a thread right above/below yours (in this moment) that mentions a poster with fewer than 100 posts cannot view or make signatures now. (Spam prevention = inability to make; inability to view was a side effect, I guess.) There, Solon also mentioned there’s a setting for anyone to voluntarily not have sigs visible.

I'm so close to being able to see signatures :)

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
I thought it was something like that too, but didn't know how best to ask. Thanks.

You’re welcome, VividPixels. And creating a thread was precisely the best way to ask it, yep!

abhe8

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »
How to I turn on signatures if I have over 100 posts? I still can't see them...

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »

@arebelspy    (abhe8, I'm batsignalling one of the mods, in case they're around and can answer.)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »
In your porfile settings under look and layout, there is a box "Don't show users' signatures." Make sure it is unchecked.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

terran

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 07:20:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure the 100 post thing is about not being able to post your own signature, not hiding other people's signatures. It's a spam prevention thing.

rivendale

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »

Thanks, I was wondering this myself.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 10:41:52 PM »
^ It's uncertain, though. A moderator was under the impression the '100' thing prevented the viewing of other's sigs, but someone with <100 said they could see those. So, as far as I know this is an unknown for now. It may be an admin setting -of what values, we're not sure of yet- and it can also be a user setting (checking or unchecking visibility).