Author Topic: What If Everyone Embraced Mustachianism?  (Read 2133 times)

baddude

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
What If Everyone Embraced Mustachianism?
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »
Hello everyone.  Had a good topic of discussion and I would love to get other peoples opinions.

This forum and blog has helped me in many ways and I am eagerly on my way to financial independence.  However, a lot of the material gets me thinking about a utopic world.  Where would we be if everyone embraced the pillars of mustachianism?  What if mustachianism become the new cultural norm?  Some answers are easy.  Our environment would be healthier.  Everyone would shop locally and most likely be much happier with a lot more time on their hands to do whatever they liked. 

However, this notion turns dark when you think about if everyone did this the economy would slow down to a snails pace.  Suddenly, your annual returns would go close to 0 and you are no longer earning 25-35x your annual expenses.  So you and everyone else would have to come out of retirement and the economy would ramp back up again until we are in the same world we are in now.  Where is the medium where we all can be financial independent?  Can people 'work' without being incentivized by money?  Or is mustachianism only a way to capitalize off of everyone else's obsession for luxury goods? 

baddude

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What If Everyone Embraced Mustachianism?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
clearly I am new to posting to this forum.  How do I post this in the appropriate section?

Have a feeling it doesn't belong in the Forum Info & FAQs

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
Re: What If Everyone Embraced Mustachianism?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »
You could click "report to moderator" and ask that it be moved.