Author Topic: Notifications page improvement idea  (Read 5227 times)

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
Notifications page improvement idea
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:04 AM »
Per someone else's suggestion, I use the profile Notifications page to track the threads I wish to be notified on.   

It's a fast loading page and clearly shows me which of those threads have new items on them that I haven't read.

However, when I use this page, I have to go to page 1, then click on the page #s at the top to go to the last page, then figure out if I need to back up a page.   

So, would it be possible to have the page default to load to the page with the first unread message on it?

If not that, could it default to load the last page, which is the correct page 99% of the time?

It would not only be more convenient for the readers, it would put less load on the system, too.

Thanks!

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
Re: Notifications page improvement idea
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
You've got three headers on that page. "Current Topic Notifications", "Started By", and "Last Post". You want to sort by Last Post, so click on it until the most current comment is at the top of the first page, and the little triangle to the right of it is pointing up.

That should get you straightened out.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 03:49:44 PM »
You've got three headers on that page. "Current Topic Notifications", "Started By", and "Last Post". You want to sort by Last Post, so click on it until the most current comment is at the top of the first page, and the little triangle to the right of it is pointing up.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.   I'm already doing what you suggest, so I see the LIST of most recently changed threads at the top.

I was trying to describe what happens when I pick one of those threads on that list.  It takes me to the first page of the selected thread, not the last page (or even better, the page that has the first post on it I haven't read yet).

Hopefully, that's clearer!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »

Sorry, I wasn't clear.   I'm already doing what you suggest, so I see the LIST of most recently changed threads at the top.

I was trying to describe what happens when I pick one of those threads on that list.  It takes me to the first page of the selected thread, not the last page (or even better, the page that has the first post on it I haven't read yet).

Hopefully, that's clearer!

I use notifications too. When I click the orange “New” button I’m taken* to the first post I haven’t yet read.

*usually, rarely I get taken a few posts earlier than the last

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:56:46 PM »
@G-dog , you are a winner!   You solved the problem!   Thanks!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 05:15:27 PM »
@G-dog , you are a winner!   You solved the problem!   Thanks!

Woohoo - I should archive this rare occasion.