Author Topic: How do I easily find my own (old) posts?  (Read 5455 times)

KyDustBunny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
How do I easily find my own (old) posts?
« on: March 15, 2019, 03:20:19 AM »
I'm sure I'm missing some function that should be obvious to me,
but can someone please help me find my OWN posts?

The "show" options immediately under my name are only producing recent activity.
I'm looking for a post that is older where folks gave me some great advice that I am now ready to act on.

Help please?

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
Re: How do I easily find my own (old) posts?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:04:01 AM »
You only have 9 posts in this forum. All 9 of them show in the "show posts" option from your profile page. If you had 2k posts, they also would show under "show posts" but go over several pages worth to sort through.

If you changed your user name - re-registered using this current profile name - then you'd need to log in as that ID to see that profile's associated posts.

If you can remember a unique bit of wording and it wasn't in the journal section (it requires a login and can't be indexed through google), you can google it by typing out the words and including the bolded: "word word word" site:mrmoneymustache.com

Bloop Bloop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:34:13 AM »
I have a sort of related question. Is there any way to generate a list of threads we have posted on, so that it's easier to see if any of them have new posts? I know that you can look through all your posts via the profile, but that doesn't let you know at a glance if any new posts have been made. I also know you can manually "Notify" via email if a new post is made in any given topic, but that requires manual set up. Is there another way?

Also, I've noticed I can no longer see the list of the 5 newest posts on the Forums - used to be at the bottom of the main page?

kingxiaodi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 07:43:59 AM »
I have a sort of related question. Is there any way to generate a list of threads we have posted on, so that it's easier to see if any of them have new posts? I know that you can look through all your posts via the profile, but that doesn't let you know at a glance if any new posts have been made. I also know you can manually "Notify" via email if a new post is made in any given topic, but that requires manual set up. Is there another way?

I don't post very often, so I have no idea how valuable this page is, but it purports to "Show new replies to your posts." You can also find a hyperlink by clicking the small white arrow in the upper right hand corner of the page, next to the "Mr. Money Mustache" banner and "The Mustachian Forum" (don't know how it works on mobile). Doing so will display a header just under the banner with multiple valuable links.

Also, I've noticed I can no longer see the list of the 5 newest posts on the Forums - used to be at the bottom of the main page?

arebelspy talked about this change (and a different way to find the same information) here

Bloop Bloop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »
That's extremely helpful. Thank you so much! You've made my posting experience easier :)

KyDustBunny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 05:54:15 PM »
Mustachians are SO helpful !  And Quick !
Thank you !

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!