Author Topic: Home ip banned  (Read 5353 times)

SharkStomper

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Home ip banned
« on: October 08, 2018, 02:27:20 AM »
I believe my home ip address was banned by the admin's.  Obviously my account is not, so can I get that fixed, please?  It's not like I'm using a Russian ip at home.  Email would be best to contact me with any questions as I hate using my phone for this.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Home ip banned
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 05:44:34 AM »
There was a recent thread on a similar topic, have you read that? https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/forum-information-faqs/why-was-i-banned/. If clearing cookies doesn't work, it's usually best to directly contact a mod as they don't necessarily read every single thread as soon as it's posted.

SharkStomper

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »
Yeah I read that and tried a different browser.  It's definitely an ip ban.  I reported my post so maybe a mod will check in.

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:57:36 PM »
I just got"banned" on my IPad as I was going through DETROIT DTW airport.  Fixed by getting to a different (hotel) ISP and flushing cookies/history.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »
Yep. Reboot your home router, and wipe your cookies.

If that still doesn't work, PM me the IP address.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.