Author Topic: Forum e-mails (and password resets) not working --migration?  (Read 2166 times)

msilenus

• Pencil Stache
Forum e-mails (and password resets) not working --migration?
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:40:13 AM »
An hour or two ago I was trying to use a password recovery mail to log into my account from a new machine.  I still haven't gotten the reset mail.  Verified in my forum profile page that I was checking the right e-mail account, and checked both Inbox and Spam folder. 

Did a search for "mustache" and was able to find my last reset attempt from some time back.  Also noticed from that search that my last thread update e-mail I have is from 2/21.  I know that thread has more recent activity, so I suspect it's all outbound mail and not just password resets.

My e-mail account is with Outlook.com.  Mentioning because sometimes if a mail server winds up on a black list, it can get bit-bucketed by some recipients but not others, depending on which lists are subscribed to by whom.  That's only speculation, mind you.  It's been forever since I had an idea about how that stuff worked, and it was a vague idea even then.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Forum e-mails (and password resets) not working --migration?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
Can you check your spam folder, and report back here if the emails are/aren't in there?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

msilenus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:15:08 AM »
Nope.  Not there.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
Nope.  Not there.

Acknowledged. Thanks. Passing it up the chain.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!