Author Topic: Forum advertising issue- ad makes page jump to bottom  (Read 1993 times)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Forum advertising issue- ad makes page jump to bottom
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »
I have my ad block off for the forums, because I feel like it's fair since I use them heavily for a bit of cash to be made. Lately (the past ~3 days) a new ad has shown up that has a text field that automatically is selected and makes my page jump to the bottom. Obviously very frustrating! Is there a way to eliminate specific ads from the website?

The ad is some sort of "public record search" thing.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Forum advertising issue- ad makes page jump to bottom
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:46 PM »
If you figure out the domain serving the add, you can add its IP to your hosts file. Your ad block may be able to block individual elements, too.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

financialfreedomsloth

• Stubble
    • financial freedom sloth
Re: Forum advertising issue- ad makes page jump to bottom
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 01:43:37 AM »
Zero issues here. Mostly using internet explorer 11 (work). I even had to check this forum had adds. The only thing I am seeing is one on the bottom of the page (pretty unobtrusive). They are targeted to you (at least your location as I get Belgium ones) so it should again change within a few days.