Author Topic: Can you view how useful your moderator reports are somehow?  (Read 2173 times)

ender

• Walrus Stache
Can you view how useful your moderator reports are somehow?
« on: October 26, 2016, 06:51:10 AM »
I report a fair number of posts, primarily for either blatant spam or blatant trolling.

I am unaware of any way to easily see whether a large number of my reports are useful or not. Or whether they are actioned.

Is this possible somehow? Many other sites I either moderate/participate on have the ability to see aggregated "results" of your flags/reports to better guide your actions, but I am not able to see such a view here.

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
Re: Can you view how useful your moderator reports are somehow?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:43:49 AM »
Can you see if you have ever been reported?

Never gotten a message but I think people get mad at things I say.

Ender, I am guessing this would be more work for an moderator. If that is the case I would vote to just let it be as is.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Can you view how useful your moderator reports are somehow?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »
I report a fair number of posts, primarily for either blatant spam or blatant trolling.

I am unaware of any way to easily see whether a large number of my reports are useful or not. Or whether they are actioned.

Is this possible somehow? Many other sites I either moderate/participate on have the ability to see aggregated "results" of your flags/reports to better guide your actions, but I am not able to see such a view here.

I am not aware of that feature on this forum software, no.

If you have a question about a particular report, just ask.

You can check later on the posts--blatant spam should be deleted, blatant trolling should be edited. Sometimes it's not, and people will get warnings, but often it will be directly edited.  It may take a few days, depending on how busy the mods are in their personal life.  But we have active, open reports... mods have to look at, and actively close them, they can't just be "missed" or something like that.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.