Author Topic: Can't post replies  (Read 6060 times)

spartana

• Bristles
  • FIREd at 36
Can't post replies
« on: March 15, 2017, 12:17:12 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:07:00 AM by spartana »

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Can't post replies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »
There are some weird things happening - posting from iPad...

TheCastle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
On laptop not phone but when I try to reply to a post it just sends me back to the home page. Tried in multiple threads and all do the same thing. How ever will I catch up to Arebelspy if I can't reply with many many posts :-)!

Just checked and can edit my OP but can't reply in the thread.

ETA: Also can quote a post and reply that way but can't just hit the reply button. Is that the forums way of telling me it's time to shut up? Nah.
Same exact thing is happening to me...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
Passed it up the chain.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
Also having trouble. Posting here to test...

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
So, this one worked, but a couple of other threads did not.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »

Which threads?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 09:29:46 PM »

Which threads?

One was "overheard at work" and another was "231k in debt and need help" - both have had very recent posts, and I have been able to post on them on prior days.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »
I have been able to post on them on prior days.

From the same device/computer that just failed?

Did it give an error message, or what happened?

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
Yes, only ever from my same iPad. I shall attempt to attach screenshots:

Normally when I hit "post," the comment just posts. In these situations, I get that pop-up window. If I hit "submit," it looks to be posting, but nothing posts and the screen is blank afterwards.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:48:22 PM by Step37 »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 12:14:54 AM »
The form not secure indicates a problem with the https stuff that was done.

Likely a caching issue, and I'd say clearing your cache and rebooting the iPad should fix it.

But the fact that you could post to that thread a few days ago is the weird part.

Worth a shot anyways. :)

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 09:18:46 PM »
Cleared the cache, rebooted iPad... still same issue with those threads. Have successfully posted on other threads (like this one, obviously) since... very weird. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've installed Tapatalk; perhaps it'll work better through that app.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 03:57:17 AM »
I had a very similar issue for a few weeks on one particular thread and device.

I could not for the life of my respond to LWTG's old journal from my work computer. I could reply to any other thread but his from my laptop at work. When I was on my cell or home PC, I had no issues.

*shrug*

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 10:24:28 PM »
Test

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »
I'm having similar issues except it is only on my iPhone and not on any computer I try. I post a reply, get the error message about sending insecure info, and then when I click "post", it takes me to an empty post screen to start a new topic within that same sub forum. It isn't all the time but it is frequent enough to be annoying.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »
I am also having this issue - I took a 2+ month forum break thinking it would fix the issue. I still have it.  I'll post, then get a blank screen when it doesn't go through.  If I try a few times, it eventually seems to go through.  This only happens on the work computer - not my iphone, but it's not fun trying to post replies with the iphone....Did anyone ever come to a resolution for this issue?  It "seems" to be longer journals that I have issues with. Although I tried to start a new journal after my forum break to see if that would work - and alas this morning it is not working on the new journal.

LWTG's journal is one I have trouble posting in (his new one).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 01:10:03 PM »
Sorry about that.  =/

Passing it up the chain, again.

Since it's only happening on certain devices/computers, I'd try clearing out those cache/cookies and/or trying a different browser on them.

Longwaytogo

• Magnum Stache
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 07:49:21 AM »
I had a very similar issue for a few weeks on one particular thread and device.

I could not for the life of my respond to LWTG's old journal from my work computer. I could reply to any other thread but his from my laptop at work. When I was on my cell or home PC, I had no issues.

*shrug*

I am also having this issue - I took a 2+ month forum break thinking it would fix the issue. I still have it.  I'll post, then get a blank screen when it doesn't go through.  If I try a few times, it eventually seems to go through.  This only happens on the work computer - not my iphone, but it's not fun trying to post replies with the iphone....Did anyone ever come to a resolution for this issue?  It "seems" to be longer journals that I have issues with. Although I tried to start a new journal after my forum break to see if that would work - and alas this morning it is not working on the new journal.

LWTG's journal is one I have trouble posting in (his new one).

The Forums out to keep people from talking to me, lol.