Author Topic: veiwing sent messages in Inbox  (Read 2601 times)

EliteZags

• Bristles
veiwing sent messages in Inbox
« on: February 05, 2020, 02:12:58 PM »
is this a known issue or is there some intentional reason we are not able to view messages we have sent to others in any way?

kingxiaodi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: veiwing sent messages in Inbox
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »
is this a known issue or is there some intentional reason we are not able to view messages we have sent to others in any way?

Uh, I definitely can view my sent messages. My Messages --> Read your messages --> Sent Items

This link should work too.

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »
mine only shows 1 old sent message, possibly my first one sent

kingxiaodi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »
mine only shows 1 old sent message, possibly my first one sent

Interesting. I don't send messages, but I sent one to myself and confirmed that it did not appear in my sent items.

Found this: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=547697.0

In short, the forum appears to default to not saving sent messages. You can manually check the box to "Save a copy in my outbox" on individual messages, or you can go to Profile --> Personal Messaging and check the box for "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default" (this setting will automatically check the box mentioned previously). Be sure to click the Change Profile button before navigating away!

Unfortunately, I expect that won't work retroactively, so I'm not sure how you can get your past messages. Contacting the recipients (if you remember them) may be the best option. Maybe one of the mods (or another user) has a better answer!

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 02:43:37 PM »
ok kind of odd why it's even an option to not save sent messages, and even moreso that it defaults to not saving