Author Topic: Thoughts on a nonprofit that pays off student loans  (Read 1270 times)

RollingGreen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Thoughts on a nonprofit that pays off student loans
« on: March 23, 2019, 01:33:04 PM »
The government's student loan forgiveness plan isn't working. Is there a business out there (probably an NPO) that would raise funds and offer forgiveness? Would it be worth considering starting one? The process for those who are interested would be like applying for scholarships, in this case after college instead of before. There would be a strict vetting and review process that determines the recipients of funding to pay off student loans. Of course, many more details would have to be considered - this is a skeletal version. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

ender

• Walrus Stache
Re: Thoughts on a nonprofit that pays off student loans
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »
I don't understand why people might donate to this.

Especially over their alma maters?

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:26:28 AM »
I don't think it is a non-profit but Givling already does something similar to this. It is a trivia game/crowd funding that helps pay off student loans and mortgage debt. I am signed up for it and don't plan on putting in any of my own money do enjoy playing the trivia. So far they have paid out over $2.6M.

RollingGreen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 08:27:40 AM »
I don't think it is a non-profit but Givling already does something similar to this. It is a trivia game/crowd funding that helps pay off student loans and mortgage debt. I am signed up for it and don't plan on putting in any of my own money do enjoy playing the trivia. So far they have paid out over $2.6M.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk