I'm really excited that this is now a subforum on the forum. Thank you so much!! This community has already been very positive and so I think we'll see great things in this subforum.
Some things I would be interested in hearing discussions on include:
- How to bootstrap a business
- Knowing when to hire and/or expand
- How to save taxes on business earnings
- Balancing business ownership and personal life
- Deciding whether to pull money out of business for personal savings/investments or whether to reinvest in business
- How much to pay yourself
- Retirement strategies for self-employed including solo 401Ks, SIMPLE IRAs, SEP IRAs, profit sharing plans, etc
- What's worth spending money on for your business and what to cut costs on
- Marketing your business
- Strategies for hiring and retaining great employees
I'm interested in hearing others' stories of entrepreneurship or how they'd like to become an entrepreneur. I'm also curious what other people want to learn and/or discuss about entrepreneurship.
As a personal introduction, I've done some small income earning things like teaching piano, being a subcontractor and being a Udemy instructor. Currently, I'm working in my husband's small services business which he started five years ago, and I'm a minority owner as well. We have a few employees on our payroll.