Author Topic: Looking for advice, need to increase conversions on my website!  (Read 2011 times)

scoobastew

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Credit Marketplace
Hello Fellow Mustachians,

I have just launched my company, been a few weeks in business, and I was wondering if some of the more experienced entrepreneurs out there have advice in regards to optimizing or increasing their conversions on a website. This is the first business I've ever started, so a lot of this is new to me. I have been working a lot on marketing and SEO type stuff, and I'm getting over 100 site visitors per day, but my conversions are so low that I think I need to shift my focus to converting, rather than focusing on driving traffic. My website is https://thecreditmarketplace.com , and I have been thinking about creating some sort of educational video for the front page, because my bounce rate is at like 80%. Any thoughts?

If there are any tips or trick that have worked for you guys, please let me know, I'll take as much feedback as I can get! Thanks!

Steve Ainslie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • ainslies.org - becoming a better man
Re: Looking for advice, need to increase conversions on my website!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
I'm going to come at this from a sales perspective, since that's my area of expertise. Your page design is decent but you talk about tradelines and the credit marketplace. I vaguely know what these are (I think) from arebelspys posts on the forum but I guarantee you are losing almost every potential customer immediately.

Instead, you should lead with your value pitch to the customer - are you selling something that helps people with bad credit get better credit terms? Or are you giving people with good credit a way to make money from it?

Some of this is buried under how it works. I'd move it to the home page.

OkieM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
I was curious about this business a while back and looked at some of your competitors. They were all way more Glenn Gary Glenn Ross. “FIX YOUR CREDIT NOW” plastered everywhere with a huge pop up call now button. I figured that no one was closed on the website and it really takes a human contact for the trust and explanation. That’s not what I’m good at, so I moved on. So I agree you need more direct ad copy and a bigger call now pop up. A lot of them had a picture of who you were calling. If it’s someone that ruined their credit they probably aren’t going to pick up high level marketing that uses credit terms and they will probably be skittish.

k-vette

• Bristles
    • Bolton Ebikes
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 09:27:40 AM »
I think it needs a "hook" on the home page - offer something of value right away to get their email or an opt-in.  5 free tips to build credit fast, or something like that.  Just a fancy PDF or something targeted to your audience.  Not spammy, more educational.  I agree with the other posts, you have to really spell out what the product is.  You may even want to consider a short video that explains it right away.  Here's a "cartoon" service I've used.  https://www.powtoon.com/home/? 

scoobastew

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Credit Marketplace
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »
I think it needs a "hook" on the home page - offer something of value right away to get their email or an opt-in.  5 free tips to build credit fast, or something like that.  Just a fancy PDF or something targeted to your audience.  Not spammy, more educational.  I agree with the other posts, you have to really spell out what the product is.  You may even want to consider a short video that explains it right away.  Here's a "cartoon" service I've used.  https://www.powtoon.com/home/?

Excellent advice, thank you so much! Working on implementing a scroll-triggered opt-in form, the PDF/article idea sounds great, I'll definitely be adding that soon. Also looking into the explainer video idea, I've been wanting to create one for a while now.

Cheers!

scoobastew

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Credit Marketplace
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »
I'm going to come at this from a sales perspective, since that's my area of expertise. Your page design is decent but you talk about tradelines and the credit marketplace. I vaguely know what these are (I think) from arebelspys posts on the forum but I guarantee you are losing almost every potential customer immediately.

Instead, you should lead with your value pitch to the customer - are you selling something that helps people with bad credit get better credit terms? Or are you giving people with good credit a way to make money from it?

Some of this is buried under how it works. I'd move it to the home page.

Thanks for the excellent advice, will do!

scoobastew

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Credit Marketplace
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
I was curious about this business a while back and looked at some of your competitors. They were all way more Glenn Gary Glenn Ross. “FIX YOUR CREDIT NOW” plastered everywhere with a huge pop up call now button. I figured that no one was closed on the website and it really takes a human contact for the trust and explanation. That’s not what I’m good at, so I moved on. So I agree you need more direct ad copy and a bigger call now pop up. A lot of them had a picture of who you were calling. If it’s someone that ruined their credit they probably aren’t going to pick up high level marketing that uses credit terms and they will probably be skittish.

That makes sense, I hadn't thought very much about that until now. Thanks!