Poll

Which name should I use for a new tax info website/business?

Taxes for FIRE
4 (36.4%)
Tax Epiphany
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Help with a name debate  (Read 2035 times)

aero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Help with a name debate
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:51:22 AM »
Hi all,

I'm starting a new online business/blog/website to provide free tax planning strategies and information. My goal is to eventually convert some readers into customers by referring them to my employer's tax prep business where I'm a manager. I'll get commission on the work I bring in and be servicing those clients myself. My target market is business clients (not individual 1040s).

So far I have the name narrowed down to two choices. One is my frontrunner, but my girlfriend hated it and suggested the other. Thought I'd let the market test it by putting up a poll. Thanks!

kei te pai

• Pencil Stache
Re: Help with a name debate
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
Well, it always helps to make sure you have got the spelling right for a start.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
Can you post them for those of us on mobile? I can’t see your poll.

Also, depending on what state you’re in,  be careful about doing any work on this project while at work or using company resources (including time, WiFi, etc) as it could potentially become their property.

SnackDog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »
Those are weak.  Here are some more -

Brain Tax
Taxarama
Taxalicious
Tax Man
Tax City
Tax Whackers
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:47:28 PM by SnackDog »

aero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »
@kei te pai - Fixed the spelling, good catch

@lexde - For forum users on mobile, the choices are 1. Taxes for FIRE, or 2. Tax Epiphany

@SnackDog - I also like Tax Traveler and Ca-tax-trophe (but I thought that'd be too hard to spell)

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »
TaxHacks
TaxMaster
TaxGenie
TaxWizard
TaxMax
KeepYourPaycheck

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
Why limit your audience to “FIRE” or people who can spell Epiphany without spellcheck? You need an easy name that will elicit an emotional response (I.e. KeepYourPaycheck) and that tells them what you’re doing for them.

Tax Epiphany sounds like you’ve figured something out that has always been there, which I guess is the case but isn’t a compelling name at all. If you JUST figured this out, why would we trust you? You need to convey authority or experience, not a “I just had this idea so I’m going to start a blog!” vibe.

The other one I literally forgot while I was writing this response on mobile and I’m not going to even bother saving this post as a draft to look it up. It’s forgettable, I’ve forgotten it, you won’t get a second hit on the website with it from most people.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 04:55:55 AM »
Why limit your audience to “FIRE” or people who can spell Epiphany without spellcheck? You need an easy name that will elicit an emotional response (I.e. KeepYourPaycheck) and that tells them what you’re doing for them.

Tax Epiphany sounds like you’ve figured something out that has always been there, which I guess is the case but isn’t a compelling name at all. If you JUST figured this out, why would we trust you? You need to convey authority or experience, not a “I just had this idea so I’m going to start a blog!” vibe.

The other one I literally forgot while I was writing this response on mobile and I’m not going to even bother saving this post as a draft to look it up. It’s forgettable, I’ve forgotten it, you won’t get a second hit on the website with it from most people.
TaxHacks
TaxMaster
TaxGenie
TaxWizard
TaxMax
KeepYourPaycheck

I have to agree with lexde- and for what its worth I would go with TaxMax

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 06:49:06 AM »

TaxHacks
TaxMaster
TaxGenie
TaxWizard
TaxMax
KeepYourPaycheck

I have to agree with lexde- and for what its worth I would go with TaxMax

Not many people want to maximise their taxes.