Author Topic: CitiBank bank bonus brickwall  (Read 2126 times)

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
CitiBank bank bonus brickwall
« on: August 03, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »
I'm trying to do the CitiBank bank bonus; $400 for $15K deposit for 60 days.
I opened the account - have the account number.  I got a debit card.  I can log into the account online.
But I can't fund it.

I added it to my other bank account as an external account to transfer funds.   That bank would send two test deposits to verify the account.  The test deposits didn't show up in the CitiBank account.
I called the bank (with the funds).  They said CitiBank denied the transfers for "account # not open".  I called CitiBank.  They said "wait a week and try again"  (really!!).
So I waited.  I tried again, from another bank...  the test transfers aren't in my CitiBank account...

Am I being blacklisted??  I've done a couple of bank bonus', but not with Citi.  I have 3 Citi credit cards.
I only have so many days to fund the account (for the bonus). 

I have to call Citi again - can (should?) I ask to talk with a manager??

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Re: CitiBank bank bonus brickwall
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Update:
I didn't have to talk to a manager. 
The rep I talked to this time says I "have" to add the other bank as an external account on my CitiBank account and transfer the funds (as a pull) via the CitiBank portal.  This is because there are no funds in the CitiBank account.
When adding the other bank account as an external account on the CitiBank account; it asked for my user name and password for the other bank's portal.  No, NO, NOO!!   
I had to scroll a bit to find the link for them to call my phone # on record with an access code (automated).
Now THEY are going to do a couple 'verification' transfers to the other bank account.
I'm not holding my breath.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:17:27 PM »
I'm getting more exasperated with CITI...
The fund transfer went through, in time for the bonus! (Yay!!)
But...
I tried to log into the site for one of my CITI credit cards today.  It wouldn't log me in.  I tried a few times; typing slower ea time.
I clicked the link for 'reset password' and put in the requested info... and got "this card is not registered or active".
I've had this card for almost 12 yrs, and have been using the online portal for almost all of that!!   I use this card every month (and pay it in full)!
So, I called customer support.  I "need" to 'associate' the card (not sure what terminology they used) with my new bank account and log in on the bank portal.
Used the same info as for the reset password, so not hard, but more typing.  <GRRrr>

I need to check the online access to my other two Citi credit cards, but I'm gonna wait until my aura has settled down 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:15:23 AM by HipGnosis »

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 07:04:14 AM »
Yeah, Citi this year is a real pain. I had similar issues with the "linking" to my existing credit card account and blocking my online access to the existing card. Last year, none of this was an issue when doing the bonus, no idea what they're thinking this year.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!