Author Topic: Breakfast lovers, would you follow this brand idea?  (Read 2865 times)

deek

• Bristles
Breakfast lovers, would you follow this brand idea?
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
Hey all. I'm fascinated by what Instagram has become for marketing and connecting with like-minded brands/people. I have recently started my own bass fishing brands (personal and community) on IG and they are doing pretty well for just starting up.

But I'm a breakfast/coffee connoisseur and have an idea for a breakfast focused blog/review/experience brand that shares primarily attractively unusual and old-fashioned diners and restaurants.

I'm an Iowan, so it would start there. And in the future, it would have ambassadors around the Midwest to start, and maybe expand beyond if people enjoy it.

OkieM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Breakfast lovers, would you follow this brand idea?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
I think this falls under “Just Do It”.

deek

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
@OkieM
Noted.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
I love the internet economy.  You know how people have always said "follow your passion and the money will come"?  I think that was BS for most of human history, because who can legitimately make a living off of admiring breakfast food?  Anyone on Instagram, that's who.

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »
Great idea, here is a restaurant that does a mixed "bacon plate", yum!
http://www.cheekysps.com/new/cheekys-home.html
you could also offer to manage the restaurants instagram as a side gig

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »
The great thing about your idea is you can pretty just do it.  You can start a blog, IG account, FB page just to see how it goes.  Very little money involved.

Not sure if I would follow a breakfast IG account or blog (I'm not THAT into breakfast), but I follow a couple of accounts for chocolate, so I think some people would.  People like those niche things.

I once had a blog that rated hotels by their gym (this was before IG).  The surprising thing was there were a LOT of followers.  I ended up closing it down because I didn't have the time to maintain it

deek

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »
The great thing about your idea is you can pretty just do it.  You can start a blog, IG account, FB page just to see how it goes.  Very little money involved.

Not sure if I would follow a breakfast IG account or blog (I'm not THAT into breakfast), but I follow a couple of accounts for chocolate, so I think some people would.  People like those niche things.

I once had a blog that rated hotels by their gym (this was before IG).  The surprising thing was there were a LOT of followers.  I ended up closing it down because I didn't have the time to maintain it

I do plan on starting this, but am focused on my fishing accounts right now. One concern I have with the breakfast idea is the money that will be spent on eating at these places I want to share about. Maybe I could have a couple other bloggers to start so we could split up the expenses a little bit.

deek

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »

One concern I have with the breakfast idea is the money that will be spent on eating at these places I want to share about. Maybe I could have a couple other bloggers to start so we could split up the expenses a little bit.

Once you do a few reviews, and the site is growing. I'm sure you can contact the restaurant beforehand and get a free meal for the exposure.

Great tip!

On a side note - I've spent about 2 hours actually working today. The rest was spent growing my fishing page by almost 30 followers. Something was accomplished today!!

deek

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 08:31:21 AM »
Somewhat unrelated, but two days ago my fishing brand follow count was just south of 40. This morning, it's at 121. Making progress!

But ideas about the breakfast brand have been flying through my head. I've almost decided on a name.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!