Author Topic: Amazon Fulfillment Side Hustle Advice  (Read 2432 times)

JCGreen

• Stubble
Amazon Fulfillment Side Hustle Advice
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:29:32 PM »
Hi All,

I have decided that to meet my goals I need to increase my cash flow/income. I brain stormed a couple of ideas, such as buying a website, teaching ESL classes, dog sitting, tutoring, etc. The idea that interested me the most was amazon fulfillment. The problem is, I am not really sure how to get started with this. I am willing to invest about $1500 to start (unless someone else can convince me a lower or higher number is better) and up to 25 hours a week. I do have a 8-5 day job that pays 45k/year.

My library offers some online coursework through Lynda for free on this subject, but I was wondering if anyone who has done this has any advice.  Are there any courses worth paying for? Are there products to stay away from? Tax advice? Has anyone made a good living this way? Would buying and working a website be easier? What are your recommendations?  Is this a good way to make some extra income?

Any experience you can share with me would be helpful!

tralfamadorian

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Amazon Fulfillment Side Hustle Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »
Here's a long running thread on the topic with lots of great advice.

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »
Free route for learning the basics: Google searches, YouTube channels, Facebook groups, free eBooks

Cheap route for learning the basics: $10 Chris Green courses on Udemy (good but outdated)

Paid route for Retail Arbitrage: The Selling Family ($300+ last time I checked)

Paid route for Wholesale: The Wholesale Formula ($2k+ last time I checked)

Paid route for Private Label: I don't even know what Andy Slamans is charging these days but it's probably too much

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
Free route for learning the basics: Google searches, YouTube channels, Facebook groups, free eBooks

Cheap route for learning the basics: $10 Chris Green courses on Udemy (good but outdated)

Paid route for Retail Arbitrage: The Selling Family ($300+ last time I checked)

Paid route for Wholesale: The Wholesale Formula ($2k+ last time I checked)

Paid route for Private Label: I don't even know what Andy Slamans is charging these days but it's probably too much

EcomCrew (https://www.ecomcrew.com/ ) started some private label courses recently. I've been a fan of their podcast for the last year or so. I think each course is $500 but they offer a lot of free content as well between the blog, podcast, and free mini-courses.

JCGreen

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »
Thanks everyone for the advice, the more I look into this, the harder/more work I think it will be. My current question right now is how do I set up an individual account (instead of a professional)? I really just want to test the waters. I don't have product to sell, so I don't want to pay the $40/month fee.

birdiegirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 11:28:05 AM »
Here is the page where you choose between the professional and individual account.  Once you select one you have the option to login and use your current Amazon "buyer" account or create a new one. 

https://services.amazon.com/selling/benefits.htm/ref=asus_soa_hnav