Author Topic: Stucco Maintenance and Repair  (Read 873 times)

acepedro45

• Bristles
Stucco Maintenance and Repair
« on: September 22, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
Hi,

I am the new owner of a stucco house.

1. Is my stucco "pigmented" or painted? Pigmented stucco has color mixed in and is left unpainted. I'm pretty sure it's pigmented but I'm looking for confirmation.

2. There is a big water stain from a gutter that used to have a leak (see picture). How feasible is it to climb up there and fix this on my own with moderate DIY chops? I'm imagining pressure washing and then applying a "fog coat" (as described here https://thestuccoguy.com/fog-coating-vs-painting-stucco/).

3. How do people match stucco paint/pigment? I can see someone did some work to one end of the house in certain light, but mostly it's a pretty good match. In the photo I uploaded, it's quite obvious but under most lighting conditions it's pretty subtle.

4. in general, are there any good resources out there for care and maintenance of stucco?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:36:40 PM by acepedro45 »

Papa bear

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Stucco Maintenance and Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:44 PM »
I have a stucco house but have very limited experience with it. I had my painted and have had some repairs done where I changed windows and doors, but I paid for that. It pains me to pay for this, but I’m used to wood, vinyl, aluminum, or brick.

Interested to hear from people who know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk