Author Topic: Replace rear light on 2003 Saab 9-5 linear wagon  (Read 3479 times)

retiredmom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Replace rear light on 2003 Saab 9-5 linear wagon
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:43:27 AM »
Can someone either explain how to replace the rear light on 2003 Saab 9-5 linear wagon, or provide a good link that explains it, preferably with pictures? (I'm not good with learning things from videos.)

Also, are all the bulbs back there the same underneath the tail light covers? Otherwise, how do I know which part number bulb to buy?

cartechguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Replace rear light on 2003 Saab 9-5 linear wagon
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:35:12 PM »
Some of those Saabs are a pain!!  Which bulb the brake light bulb or reverse bulb?  Most likely a 9004 or 9006 bulb.  Let me know!!

retiredmom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:56:40 PM »
Well, I found the (surprisingly simple) procedure detailed in the most unlikely place. Wait for it... the manual! :/

Unfortunately, I still can't figure out what bulb I need. In the picture of the rear of the car, it is simply labeled "taillights" (#2). Would that make it #4 on the bulb table, P21/5W? The weird thing is that the one that is burnt out is on the right side, but in the picture of the left side, the same light is labeled both 2 and 5 (rear fog light) and rear fog light is listed as #3 on the bulb table, P21W. It doesn't make sense that the left and right sides would be different, right? So which bulb should I buy, P21W or P21/5W?

retiredmom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:41:30 PM »
Anyone?

I've let this issue slide since I've been focusing on the whole oil pressure problem instead, but I'm going to run out now and buy a bulb at the same time as grabbing a bottle of STP.

9 O Clock Shadow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:38:34 AM »
Bulbs like those are usually sold in pairs. Best to take the actual bulb to the store and make sure it’s the right one (the size and power are engraved in the metal part of these bulbs). It is totally worth it to buy 2, as the other ‘good’ one will likely burn out soon.

I have the other Swedish brand but have a soft spot for the SAABians.