Author Topic: Pavilion construction?  (Read 1590 times)

trammatic

• Stubble
Pavilion construction?
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
I live basically on the Maryland line in central PA, and I want to put in a pavilion in the back yard.  About a year ago, I went the Amish builder route for a shed, and got it delivered for only a few hundred dollars over materials.  I looked around and can't find any smaller shops doing similar work with pavilions.  I realize there's a big difference because the pavilion has to be built on-site, but I was hoping that there would be a place with pre-cut lumber for a specific plan.  The ones I've found so far look like large companies with price tags to match.  I prefer the look of a hipped roof, but if I can't find a good place for the lumber, I will probably end up with a gabled roof using scissor trusses from Lowe's.

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Pavilion construction?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »
I just did a tour of Amish and Mennonite shed builders, while shopping for a shed in Lancaster county. There are lots of places that build pavilions. Some call the Gazebos, but most of them will build exactly what you want. IIRC, Lapp Structures in New Holland, and Peaqua Sheds, in Kinzers, looked like they are more into pavilions and custom work. Good luck. We just order a totally custom shed from Martin's in Ephrata. Extremely high quality workmanship, and not worth my time to try to build myself, give the reasonable cost.

Bradfurd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:35 AM »
If you haven't already, you may want to check out Country Lane Gazebos...I got some quotes from them for a similar work project in the same geographic area.

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »
Google "Park Shelters & Pavilions", I think this is what you are looking for.
There are a whole bunch of these pre-made units available.

Note - Consider bird roosting.  A smooth underside is better than something with exposed framing as birds will roost in the framing and make a mess of things.