Author Topic: Ikea kitchens and aftermarket doors  (Read 2142 times)

affordablehousing

• Pencil Stache
Ikea kitchens and aftermarket doors
« on: January 23, 2020, 10:52:39 AM »
Hello Forum, has anyone installed an Ikea kitchen and used one of the aftermarket cabinet door and drawer companies like SemiHandmade, Reform, HelsingO or Scherr's? I know this balloons the cost but some of the designs look really cool and I've wondered how well they really work.

index

• Pencil Stache
Re: Ikea kitchens and aftermarket doors
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:33:04 AM »
These people did it Ikea + Barker doors:

hogwildhome.com

scantee

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 08:09:40 AM »
I haven’t done it but I LOVE the Reform fronts. Should I ever redo my kitchen I plan to use the Basis line. As far as the quality of IKEA cabinets: I think their Sektion line is very high quality. I know there is a group of people who will accept nothing less than custom, but for most people IKEA boxes are sturdy and high quality enough. The combo of IKEA boxes with custom fronts seems like the sweet spot that combines affordability and style.

scantee

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
Forgot the most important part! I am redoing a bathroom right now with the IKEA Godmorgon vanity and Semihandmade fronts. I’ve found more people that have done a bathroom than a full kitchen. I like this bathroom redo using Semihandmade front that Yellow Brick Home did.

affordablehousing

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 04:18:05 PM »
Thanks @scantee, we're going to be getting samples of the Basis line doors. I am curious if the linoleum will look too trendy but I love the idea of the texture. And thanks for the reminder about the bathrooms. I think we'll use it for that as well.