Author Topic: How to "re-hang" insulation  (Read 1421 times)

khayyam94

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
How to "re-hang" insulation
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:36:14 PM »
So my home is about 3-4 years old. Small problem; in the basement, some sections of the insulation has either sagged or just fallen to the ground. I'm talking about insulation that was just stuck to the side walls, not ceilings. I think this may have happened due to kids rough-housing and throwing stuff around. Any ideas or solutions on how to re-hang the insulation and make it stick to the concrete walls again? Thanks in advance.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
Re: How to "re-hang" insulation
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 06:36:36 AM »
Does it have paper backing on it? If it does, there is a little hem of paper on each edge that you can fold out and staple to the studs on either side to hold it in place. I normally always staple it but I know a lot of contractors just count on a friction fit to hold it in place until they get drywall in place to hold it up.

khayyam94

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:13:44 AM »
Does it have paper backing on it? If it does, there is a little hem of paper on each edge that you can fold out and staple to the studs on either side to hold it in place. I normally always staple it but I know a lot of contractors just count on a friction fit to hold it in place until they get drywall in place to hold it up.

There's white paper backing on the outside of it (the side facing me). Is that what you're referring to?

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 09:56:27 AM »
Yes. There should be a pleat looking piece of the backing material you can unfold and staple to the stud similar to the picture below.

khayyam94

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
Okay perfect thank you!