Author Topic: hanging clothes outside of windows?  (Read 4564 times)

centdukesfan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
hanging clothes outside of windows?
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »
I live on a second floor apartment and have been wanting to dry my clothes outside in the sun (When i work out my clothes sometimes get mildewy.) Unfortunately we are in a second floor apartment. Anyone have ideas on how to hang out a window? Preferably without the window open?

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:27:14 AM »
Your neighbor hood may not like clothes hanging out your window. It does look pretty nasty seeing clothes hanging outside windows. But I do understand your wanting to get some fresh air into your clothes. I have another suggestion that won't be as nice a fresh outside air but works for me. I partially dry my clothes in the dryer, then I place them on hangers and put on a rod in my laundry room. I have two fans that I turn on the damp clothes and they dry overnight. Perhaps you could spray them with some kind of nice smelling spray while they are drying with the fan(s). In good weather you could rig up a small rack in front of the window with screen in place and run a fan too. Once in a while I might want to wear a shirt that is still a bit wet. I will bring it upstairs and put the garment on a hanger on a door knob and face fan towards the garment to dry. Mostly, I dry my stuff this way to avoid shrinkage in the dryer.

centdukesfan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: hanging clothes outside of windows?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:20:12 AM »
im not all that concerned about what the neighbors think, as it outside my back window - i just want the sun to hit my clothes, since it kills bacteria.

Great ideas though

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
Re: hanging clothes outside of windows?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »
I googled hang clothes outside window, and some lovely options came up -neat, allow window to be closed, etc.
Some of those are on this page (for example): https://www.pinterest.ca/explore/clothes-drying-racks/

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
Any chance you can put a tall pole out in your yard and if so, you could put a pulley on outside of window with a clothesline attached to the pulley on the pole.

If not, here is something you might be able to attache under your window: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013KJEF5I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B013KJEF5I&linkCode=as2&tag=cases01ff-20&linkId=IY3SLBZZOX3KTHC3