Author Topic: Dishwasher  (Read 1364 times)

bisimpson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Dishwasher
« on: October 19, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »
Our dishwasher isn’t draining. After we run a load, we’re left with about an inch of water at the bottom. The machine isn’t leaking, so it doesn’t seem to be doing any long term damage. I’d like to think that there’s an easy fix. Or do I need a plumber?

jc4

• Stubble
Re: Dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »
As a start, generally there is a large area in the bottom of the dishwasher that is removable, and there are some screens and stuff that are cleanable.

In the pic. There's the obvious piece. But that 18" diameter circle is removable. And the ligher grey tube is removeable. Generally all without tools, just snap in / out.

If you take them out you'll at least find a ton a nasty crap. Apparently cleaning this is considered a regular maintenence task. I discovered this at 24. Becuase my family literally never did this growing up.

Anyways, I'd at least do some basic exploring and cleaning before you try the plumber.

jc4

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
Adding pic.

bisimpson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 04:12:30 PM »
Helpful. I just spent about 30 wrestling with that bad boy. Pulled a bunch of crap out of the trap and doing a test run.

bisimpson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:00:48 PM »
That did it-it’s clean after a test run. Thanks so much!

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 01:02:06 PM »
Sounds like you solved it. I would guess 90% of the time it won't drain and has just a little water standing in the bottom is due to a plugged screen or drain tube. The other 10% of the time is an issue with the pump but these days with all the electronics on dishwashers, the pumps generally last longer than the rest of the machine.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:17:59 PM »
My Bosch has had drain issues twice in the 13 months of its life - the first time the drain pump was broken. This time something seemed to be clogged but ultimately it wasn’t leveled right and Bosch says that that can cause the sensors to go haywire. It took them 3 trips to wrk that out.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!