Author Topic: Concrobium for mold?  (Read 991 times)

Vic99

• Stubble
Concrobium for mold?
« on: September 01, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »
I've been using bleach to kill mold in the basement, about a 1 part bleach to 4 or 5 parts water solution.  I am also running a dehumidifier to reduce moisture - been doing that for 6-7 weeks now.  Trying eliminate the source of the moisture as well.  This basement area is a storage area, not living space, although I plan to put the cat box down there in the future.

Real question:  Someone on this site recommended concrobium to kill mold.  Anyone have any experience with this product?  Does it work?  Thanks.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
Re: Concrobium for mold?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »
May have been me recommending it. Yes, I've used it. I am allergic to mold as well. It didn't do anything with the stains, but it killed the mold. And as far as I can tell, it's not returned. The bleach that I tried first got rid of the stains, but the mold returned several times.

lutorm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
Oh do we know about mold. Here in Hawaii there's a lot of it. We've used the Mold Control cleaning off all the wood that starts molding. It seems to clean it off pretty well, but I can't say that it's kept the mold from coming back. It's pretty much a losing battle here.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 08:17:26 AM »
I've used concrobium to kill mold in our basement when we had dampness problems.  It does work pretty well.  It's way the hell less toxic than blasting bleach everywhere.  However, if the humidity conditions that create the mold aren't corrected it will be a short term solution and the mold will come back in a year or two.