Author Topic: Voluntary discomfort - please share your experiences!  (Read 32924 times)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Voluntary discomfort - please share your experiences!
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »
24 km to work this morning.  -7 and windy.  Fuck yeah I'm biking to work!  Think of all the gas I'd be wasting heating up my car . . .

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 06:59:16 AM »
I'm serious this thread has the most hard-core people on the Mustache planet. You guys are examples.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 12:09:15 PM »
I've been on 2 recent hikes through some pretty nasty stuff. One was a well traveled horse trail that was a swamp. About 5 miles all the way around. Halfway through you come out on a cliff above the lake. I stopped, set up my camp chair and had lunch. 2nd hike was at a local nature center. It was the only trail I had not hiked and by far the longest and muddiest. I took the dog as well. We were both a muddy happy mess at the end.

Supposed to get 6 inches of snow this weekend. Looking forward to some snow hiking.

Gail2000

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 01:42:28 PM »
This is one that I have to work on. I make my lunch everyday and i work in a culture of young bucks that order out every day. I gather this isn't the discomfort i see you're celebrating but as I am new to this site and the extreme side of things it is a start. I do need to get up earlier and exercise.Unfortunately the commute to work just isn't feasible between the kiddo in my life and the time restrictions I face.

Waking up at 5 am in stead of 5:45 started today. Hoping to keep myself accountable and suffer happily along with you folks.