Author Topic: The Principle of Constant Optimization: What's Your Myers-Briggs?  (Read 179733 times)

footenote

• Pencil Stache
  • MMMing in MN
"The Principle of Constant Optimization" brought to mind: What's your Myers-Briggs type?

I have always been a relentless optimizer (although not in MMM's class!). My INTJ  (Introvert-Intuitive-Thinking-Judging) Myers-Briggs type is described as "constantly thinking about Plan B" and "master-minding" optimal outcomes.

If you're aware of your Myers-Briggs, please share your type and whether do you think those (innate?) tendencies brought you to Mustachian-ism. Are those of us who constantly, naturally optimize blind to the virtues of other personality types / approaches to life? (The INTJ / MMM in me wants to say "Heck no - they need a facepunch!")

Cecil

• Bristles
Re: The Principle of Constant Optimization: What's Your Myers-Briggs?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »
I've taken Myers-Briggs maybe a dozen times throughout my life and I have come to the conclusion it's much like a horoscope.

I was a strong INTJ for most of my teenage years, but have since tested as ISTJ, INTP, ESTP, ENTJ, and at least one other, with varying degrees of strength. I've read all the descriptions and can find bits of each that I agree and disagree with.

I can test differently on two different days depending on what kind of mood I'm in, because all the questions are worded in such a way that I agree with both answers. Do I prefer to go to a party or stay at home? Yes, I like both and there are parts of both that I really enjoy. It depends on what I feel like at that specific time.

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
I just retook it out of curiosity and came up with:

ENFJ
Extravert(67%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(1%)

You have distinctive preference of Extraversion over Introversion (67%)
    You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
    You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)
from http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

So really, it would seem that I'm pretty borderline in three of the four areas.  And could go either way in those three areas depending on the day.

Luckily I get a lot of the extroverted part of my personality satisfied at work or I might be tempted to spend money going out more often.  When I finally retire, I'll need to find inexpensive hobbies to keep me engaged.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »
If you're aware of your Myers-Briggs, please share your type and whether do you think those (innate?) tendencies brought you to Mustachian-ism. Are those of us who constantly, naturally optimize blind to the virtues of other personality types / approaches to life? (The INTJ / MMM in me wants to say "Heck no - they need a facepunch!")
Myers-Briggs feels as false a categorization to me as biological races -- the way I see it, we're all distributed continuously along any infinite number of trait axes and picking just four of them and then looking for extremes instead of variation along those four. There's just no depth or meaning in it to me as far as explaining differences between individuals' personalities -- and that's before you consider cultural differences and life histories! Like Cecil, I find that I lean slightly more towards one of two equally good answers based on my mood and get reclassified every time I take a test.

EDIT: Not to be a seagull and shit and leave, though. My parents think Myers-Briggs is terrific and explains an awful lot about the world, for example. And I think the central question of the thread -- are certain personality types turned on and off by MMM or mustachianism -- is intersting and worth exploring. For that matter, was anyone else turned off by Jacob and spoken too by MMM like I was?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:29:31 PM by grantmeaname »

footenote

• Pencil Stache
  • MMMing in MN
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
Thanks for thoughtful responses!

1) I knew people would say "this categorizes people unfairly / unrealistically" responses. I agree - this isn't a horoscope. For those in the middle an axis (many are), it isn't especially meaningful.

2) Yes, our response changes over time. From what I read (I'm *not* an expert on this), this is normal. As we mature, we tend to moderate over time.

3) So far, noting a tendency among Mustacians toward J. Congruent with MMM-ness, yes?

Let the dialog continue....

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »

EDIT: Not to be a seagull and shit and leave, though. My parents think Myers-Briggs is terrific and explains an awful lot about the world, for example. And I think the central question of the thread -- are certain personality types turned on and off by MMM or mustachianism -- is intersting and worth exploring. For that matter, was anyone else turned off by Jacob and spoken too by MMM like I was?

I find that usually MMM resonates more with me since my lifestyle is more mainstream than Jacob's, but I appreciate Jacob's viewpoints. Even though I am not a fan of Libertarianism, I find the forum there more thought provoking.  It's rare to meet someone who needs a facepunch in that forum.  Maybe Jacob and the gang scare those types off before they even post.  He's definitely more extreme than MMM. 

For me, Jacob returning to work and cutting back on the blogging dovetailed nicely with the introduction of MMM.

What was it about Jacob that turned you off (if you don't mind my asking).

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
I just did this recently and came up with INTJ like you.  But both the N and T were marginal, and on reading the descriptions I think I'm actually more of an INFJ.  It's definite on the Introvert, no doubt there.  Also the Judgement is clear.

I'm a food scientist by trade who has just about finished my MBA in Accounting.  I do love me some numbers and spreadsheets!  Although I always round off in my head :-P

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Thanks for thoughtful responses!

1) I knew people would say "this categorizes people unfairly / unrealistically" responses. I agree - this isn't a horoscope. For those in the middle an axis (many are), it isn't especially meaningful.

2) Yes, our response changes over time. From what I read (I'm *not* an expert on this), this is normal. As we mature, we tend to moderate over time.

3) So far, noting a tendency among Mustacians toward J. Congruent with MMM-ness, yes?

Let the dialog continue....

You know, it's interesting.  When my anxiety rears its head, I am way more introverted, but it's funny.  I always thought that introverts would have an easier time at being mustachian, but maybe not.  I spend more money because I'm avoiding more people then.  I don't like going to stores grocery shopping and will use the grocery delivery service instead, for example.

Interesting about the J vs P thing.  If you are perceiving experiences, I think you would be more likely to fall for advertising that is trying to sell you an emotional experience regardless if that is a product or a service. 

tooqk4u22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »
Myers-Briggs feels as false a categorization to me as biological races -- the way I see it, we're all distributed continuously along any infinite number of trait axes and picking just four of them and then looking for extremes instead of variation along those four. There's just no depth or meaning in it to me as far as explaining differences between individuals' personalities -- and that's before you consider cultural differences and life histories! Like Cecil, I find that I lean slightly more towards one of two equally good answers based on my mood and get reclassified every time I take a test.

I kind of agree, but my view is that the tests are meant to reveal a bias and not an absolute such day to day the categorization can change but if tracked (not that it is really possible) your true personality trait would prevail more frequently.

For that matter, was anyone else turned off by Jacob and spoken too by MMM like I was?

Yes. 

lark

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »

I'm an ENFP, but MMM is pretty natural for me. I've never really been wasteful with money and things have never made me happy. The idea of being financially independent and living simply is very appealing to me. I would love to have more time to spend with people I care about and/or to volunteer for causes that I find important.

totoro

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
INFJ - sometimes INTJ - always N

jenstill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:31 PM »
I've taken the Myers-Briggs a few times throughout my adult life and have always come out strongly INTJ. I've yet to find a description in these that I feel does not describe me, so in my case, I think it's accurate. A couple of times, the tester has told me it's one of the rarest combinations which was interesting to me because both of my parents, my brother and my sister also got INTJ results and I understand these classifications are thought to be a person's nature, not due to nurture. Recently, our HR Director at work got Myers-Briggs certified so all employees went through it (whether we had before or not) and several co-workers reported they were told they had a rare combination, which was different from mine. So, maybe they're all rare? Maybe the testers are full of it?

Anyway, to your question: yes, for me, I do think my personality tendencies drew me here and allow me to fully embrace these ideals. One of the characterizations, according to Myers-Briggs, of our type is "It's not MY way, it's THE way". And that resonates with me. I see almost nothing as me being right, or knowing more, or being better than other ideals; I just see most things as only one logical to be ... "THE way". Mustachianism is one of those things. So, I have to constantly, consciously, remind myself that other people hold different beliefs and approaches to life and to not be so judgmental. At least, not out loud.

olivia

• Pencil Stache
  • From Consumerism to Minimalism
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »
Another INTJ, and the descriptions are like someone is talking about me specifically.  My husband and twin sister's minds were blown when they read them.  I've "met" a lot of INTJs on forums despite it supposedly being a rare type, so I do think there's a definite connection.  Either that or the Myers-Briggs people just want everyone to feel like special snowflakes.  :P 

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »
Wow... I can't believe all the INTJs here!  I have never met another INTJ in person not once ever.  I read once that it's the rarest female personality type, and one of the rarest overall.  I used to be very strongly INTJ in all categories, but I re-took it recently and the T/F was right on the cusp.  Looking into the description, I see myself as more of an INFJ now really.

Mustachianism certainly fits with the INTJ personality so it makes sense.

I don't think the test is the end-all-be-all of personalities, but there's definitely something to it.  And certainly some personalities are more drawn towards a certain way of living and thinking than others.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:28 PM »
This is a common discussion among early retiree types who want to find out what's "different" about their thinking.  One can look up previous discussions on the ERE and E-R.org forums if interested.  I believe INTJ is rare among the population, but common among the group.  Engineer (and software engineer, obviously) is fairly common.

I don't subscribe to the theory, like grant I find it far too simplistic, and, like Cecil, I've tested various ways, so I can't say what I would fall under for the MB test.

For that matter, was anyone else turned off by Jacob and spoken too by MMM like I was?

Yes.  To me, ERE was too extreme.  Not in the spending, but in the lack of balance, and accessibility (though I'm sure an ERE defender would dispute that, and I'm okay with that).  I have a healthy respect for Jacob and what he did though.

I do like some extremes at that level, however, like Mike over at LackingAmbition.  It is hard for me to define, but definitely more drawn to Mustachianism than ERE, despite the overlaps.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
Relevant article from an old website:

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/mbti.html

(solid INTJ and firmware engineer)

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 11:17:07 PM »
INTJ.

We're drawn to Internet forums where we can be introverted at will, as analytical as we please, and as judgmental as we want to be.

Relevant article from an old website:

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/mbti.html

(solid INTJ and firmware engineer)
Ah, good, got it already, that was the first link I thought of when I saw this thread.

spider1204

• Stubble
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »
INTP

However, I've been becoming more Extraverted and Judging over the past few years.

I do find it to be a much more compelling theory when used to describe a person's particular mental state rather than their personality.  This makes it much more difficult to apply, but accounts better for differences in culture and the fact that people change over time.  Everybody uses functions from all the personality types, the test will reveal your preferred functions at a given point in time but I don't think that makes the test completely useless.

Also, I agree that there are many other axies on which to measure a person's personality, but that's what happens when you throw 7 billion objects into 16 buckets. Classification systems can still be useful even if all the objects in a bucket are only roughly equivalent along a few dimensions.  (Jeez that's abstract, is my N showing?)

spider1204

• Stubble
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 12:09:45 AM »
I actually think the largest bias you're going to find is for the N preference, since Intuitives tend to be more future oriented and unconventional.  Also consider that the typical distribution in the population is 75% Sensors, 25% Intuitive and I haven't seen a single S pop up on this thread yet.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 02:45:33 AM »
This has come up in threads here before and there's always an abundance of INTJs. Which is nice for the INTJs because we don't meet so many in the outside world.

I think one can get carried away with M-B, but in defence of it: it is about preferences ie our preferred way of responding not absolutes, and people can still operate in the opposite way ( ie an N can still get into details (S) ) if they so desire or really have to, just the natural preference might be one thing. Also, the axis is a spectrum and so yes there will be people close to the middle who don't score strongly in one or other direction. Thats fine, it just means they are well balanced, and can operate one way or another fairly easily.

I'm an INFJ (at least in my 20-30s), who now scores as INTJ. I've rechecked plenty but still score as an INTJ, but only slightly T. Pretty firm in the INJ axes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:57:20 AM by happy »

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 04:41:34 AM »
Add me to the INTJ list (67, 25, 75, 44). I too have never met one in person before, lest never met anyone who would admit it.

footenote

• Pencil Stache
  • MMMing in MN
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 05:14:34 AM »
Wow - I am now connected (albeit in a very "I" way!) to far more INTJs than I had previously met in my entire life.

I respect all the MB-doubters' PsOV. Jung said that as we mature, we should naturally moderate our "go-to" tendencies. So those of you who do not repeatedly test the same way over time and/or get mushy, in-the-middle results are likely quite mature.

I don't peg the axes the way I used to, but I am (sighs) still pretty firmly INTJ. (Hey olivia and Evakatharina - count me as one more MMMer in Team Female INTJ.)

nords and jenstill are spot-on: an anonymous forum on a topic where it's THE way (not MY way) obviously draws INTJs like cats to the sound of a can opener.

Thanks for the history and link, arebelspy. (I value your articulate, patient moderation btw.)

BPA: That's a subtle observation. If your temperment is a minority temperment, focus group-driven advertising and marketing sail right past you. So maybe a naturally skeptical temperment is a lucky booster-shot for getting you to FI-RE.

Jane

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 06:17:04 AM »
I also test as INTJ (another female, which does seem super rare). I don't know if I've ever met another, but it sure does seem like I am a lot different than most of the rest of the female population I've come across. I've actually seen on other message boards, not just here and ERE, that there were a lot of INTJs. Must be something about this form of community and interaction that draws us in. I'm definitely an "I" but the others I'm not as strong on, so I'm not as extreme of an INTJ.

This guy makes it sounds like we're all a bunch of social outcasts with no feelings.
http://intjcentral.com/the-compleat-idiots-guide-to-the-intj/

Some of what it says rang true, but I think some of that is specific to the individual, or maybe they just test stronger on the "NTJ" parts than I do.

shusherstache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »
I'm another female INTJ... and I'm working in an organization of extreme extroverts.  I've ended up building a social media community of other introverts at my workplace to prove we're not broken/wrong/weird!

spider1204

• Stubble
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 07:12:43 AM »
INTx are supposed to be ~6% of the population, yet they make up 90% of the internet.

Dr.Vibrissae

• Bristles
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 07:15:12 AM »
I'm either INTJ or INTP depending on my mood although according to the test linked above I was INTJ today. The Mr. is an ENFP.

Charts suggest that 3-4% of the population are INTJ, so it seems I must have met others although it's not really a question I ask or even consider when meeting people.  Since there are 16 possible types, with a normal distribution none would be more than 6.25%.  Also there are only a couple types with an average greater than 10%, so most types a relatively rare, what ever that means.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »
INTx are supposed to be ~6% of the population, yet they make up 90% of the internet.

Hmm.. How old are the studies on the percent that the population is, and do they have recent ones by age?  The millenials may be much more likely to be INTx than earlier populations...
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

olivia

• Pencil Stache
  • From Consumerism to Minimalism
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 07:41:08 AM »
To the female INTJs, I met another female INTJ through a different forum and she's one of my best friends!  We've hung out IRL multiple times.  Forums definitely attract our kind. :P

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
Add me to INTJ.  I forget wifey's, but I vaguely thought she was INTJ too.  If not, she's close.

spider1204

• Stubble
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 08:47:03 AM »
Hmm.. How old are the studies on the percent that the population is, and do they have recent ones by age?  The millenials may be much more likely to be INTx than earlier populations...

I couldn't figure how old that stats I was looking at were, and couldn't find anything by age either, but that stats were only from the US.  I wouldn't be surprised though if there was a significant difference by age though.  It could be the result of both the culture we're born into as well just the general maturing that everybody does.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if being an INTx is more rewarding now than it used to be in the past, which would make us less likely to moderate our behavior and learn to use some of the other functions.

NumberCruncher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »
ISTJ last time I tested ENTJ before that...I can't remember them all, but the last two times I was extroverted, and once I kept getting exactly in between on two measures.

Yeah...I can see bits of truth in every result I've had, but the same way I see bits of truth in astrology (no matter which horoscope sign I read)

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »
I usually test at IS/INTJ. I too have my doubts as to how easy it is to draw boxes around people especially since you can test in different ways given your environment (internal and external). And other doubts about the application of this information. Is it even useful? I don't personally think so but then again I've already stated my doubts so I'm a bit biased.

totoro

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »
I think the Meyers-Briggs is fairly accurate for me.  As an aside, my DH and all four of my best friends are INTJ.  As a woman, I think the INTJ is unusual.  Of the other INTJ's I have known, I have always found we have a lot in common and enjoyed their company.  These are the things I tend to appreciate:

1. very very good sense of humor (which probably just means it is like mine)
2. not prone to hystrionic behaviour
3. logical/objective
4. inventive
5. analytical
6. like optimization a lot
7. like problem-solving
8. enjoy small groups rather than large (like me)

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »
Nothing more to add, but a shoutout to all the INTJ ladies!  We're not so weird after all. 

Shandi76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
Another INTJ female here :-)

But I think it depends on the test, and the mood I am in when I take the test. The I and T are not strongly expressed and I have previously tested as ENFJ.

My partner is much more strongly INTJ than me (even though he has great social skills: he just finds being around people draining) and he doesn't believe I can be INTJ because I do sometimes like socialising, and can be empathetic and get emotional on occasion. He is rational about things he deems important, but not about money :-/

August West

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • stop wasting your money
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »
INTP

don't judge me...

nofool

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
Holy cow, so many INTJ's!

I'm an INFJ, nearly 100% N, F, and J, but just barely more of an I than an E. I feel like such a minority...

spider1204

• Stubble
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
INTP

don't judge me...

Js aren't necessarily judgmental, but they make decisions quite differently.

KimPossible

• Stubble
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
Another INTJ female :)

It's so nice to not be the only one....  From what I've read, INTJ females are the rarest subgroup.  I love that I've found my people!

CNM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
I just took the test and it came up with this:

ESFJ
Extravert(1%)  Sensing(1%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(44%)
You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Seems pretty accurate to me but it's hard to separate my work self from my home self.  I'm a trial lawyer, so sometimes I need to be way extroverted and meeting deadlines is extremely important.  In my personal life, I'm much more laid back.

SMMcP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
Yet another INTJ female here.
I took the Myers - Briggs Type testing 4 years ago during some leadership training at work.  It came out moderately I, clearly N and slight preference for T and J. It is interesting to note that these are termed preferences and not absolutes and that these preferences occur on a scale.

CeciliaW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 02:04:02 PM »
ENTJ

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
I've always been ENTJ but just did a re-test and got ESTJ for the first time.

I'm blown away by the number of *NTJs!

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
INTJ (89/12/75/78).  Most strongly I and J, weakest on N.  I believe I have tested ISTJ at times.  Also female, not that it should matter ;-)

Statistician/programmer.

Edited to add:  I identified with MMM much more strongly than with ERE.  I like to enjoy food, for one thing, so the lentils diet is right out.  Also, I am very much MMM's target audience - high earning professional with initially a lot of waste to cut back on.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:58:52 PM by jrhampt »

smalllife

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
Female INTJ, strong in everything but N (12% according to that test).  I think I've tested as a INTP at times as well, but always strong I and T.

I've had this conversation on multiple forums: always more INTJs than normal, more introverts than extroverts, etc.

totoro

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 04:14:34 PM »
I do find it quite nice that there are so many INTJ women around.  We are probably less than 1:100.

ch12

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
INTJ is the rarest type for a woman with ENTJ right behind. I'm an IN(t/f)J. I'm really strong on the INJ parts but more iffy on the thinking a feeling. I think that it's right that its more a reflection of your state of mind. It doesn't have a ton of validity, but it's a quick way to describe your personality. The real method of personality measurement is on openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism, but MBTI did better at commercialization so it wins in the corporate world.

KulshanGirl

• Bristles
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 05:29:53 PM »
I am a INFJ/ENFJ, I test right on the line for the I/E part.  N and J are solid, and the F is closer to the middle.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »
I'm lucky that one of my colleagues that I work with quite closely is a INTJ. She was tickled pink to find out she was a "mastermind" and says its made a huge difference to understand why she always felt different to a lot of the population.

I've spent time on some other forums in the past (not to do with FI/RE) and found them variously tedious, superficial, irritating, boring and manipulative. So I'm pretty sure they weren't populated with INTJs.

icefr

• Bristles
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
Another INTJ female. I'm a software developer.

I'm not surprised that many of the people here are INTJ :)