Author Topic: Become a Lazy Landlord – with REITs  (Read 10699 times)

Dibbels81

• Stubble
Become a Lazy Landlord – with REITs
« on: January 19, 2019, 06:02:28 AM »
The REIT that MMM highlighted, Senior Housing Properties (SNH) is currently at $13 a share, down from a 52 week high of $19.1 and up from a low of $11.13, with the dividend payout close to 12%. I was curious if they were going to announce a dividend cut, though as of yesterday that appears not to be the case. I haven't read anything too nefarious in the news about this company, aside from them carrying a lot of debt. Is anybody else seeing this as a great buying opportunity? Obviously this is not a stock for the risk averse.

FreelanceToFreedom

• Stubble
Re: Become a Lazy Landlord – with REITs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »
I'm a total REIT noob but to my layman's eyes it looks attractive. Perhaps wall st is worried about excessive debt load in a rising rate environment? Would be interested to hear from someone more knowledgable. I've just been holding a REIT ETF (USRT)

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »
I subscribe to a REIT guru on seeking alpha. The guys life is studying REITs of all types.
 He has lists of all REITs he follows with risk ratings, buy/hold/sell and whether the are B&H or a trading device, what price to buy under, what price to sell, and much more. Also has a section where his subscribers provide input and questions on a real time basis.
He covers, Housing-Apartments, Housing-Homes, Housing Mobile home, strip malls, Malls, outlet malls, triple net lease, Healthcare, and Preferred Stocks of REITs.
 If you carry any cash, often he describes Dividend capture plays
that will get you 2% or more in a week or two.
 I bought CMO-E on 3-21 it paid a $0.47 dividend on 4-1,
 the price did not drop the full $0.47 on the ex div day so
money was made that day, I have held and last I looked
the stock back to exactly what I paid. So I earned 1.88% in
19 days. I could have sold earlier, but I didn't, it pays 7.5% dividend.
 I have done this several times on his advice and it has always worked out.
 However, I'm sure a time will come when he gets it wrong, but not yet.
 I may sell as I have more than I usually allow for one stock.
 It does have a fee and I paid it, but I also made about 4 times that fee on my first trade.
Take a look "The REIT Forum" Colorado Wealth Management Fund.
 No affiliation other than a happy user of the service.

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 09:29:28 AM »
   will check it out. SNH cut their dividend by 61% and got hammered on price, dow to 8.45 today.