Author Topic: A journalist friend of mine just wrote about MMM!  (Read 5551 times)

superone!

• Stubble
A journalist friend of mine just wrote about MMM!
« on: May 14, 2015, 06:29:25 AM »
A friend of mine who is a journalist just wrote a piece on MMM.

http://healthworldnet.com/articles/the-best-of-the-best/mr-money-mustache-preaching-a-different-means-to-make-ends-meet/

He had no idea that I also follow MMM. (I'm not any of the people he mentions in the article).

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
Re: A journalist friend of mine just wrote about MMM!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
We have to shut these people up.  If too many people stop buying crap and donating it to Goodwill so they can buy more crap,  I will have way too much competition for too little good stuff in the thrift stores.

Seriously, a very descent article. 

FrugalFairy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »
Nice! MMM has a gift for reaching people, as evidenced by everyone who is excited on this forum.  I think its awesome your friend gave him more exposure!  And funny that you both follow him but didn't know it.  What are the chances-  maybe you're friends partially because of your common financial views?  I would love if I found out someone else I knew spent time on this blog and forum!
& LOL 2ndTimer. Yep, you basically have to go every morning or the great stuff will be snapped up.  And if you start that as a habit you'll end up seeing a few familiar faces doing the same thing.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 04:01:04 AM »
Great article. And I empathize with Jordan's dilemma. I can't get anybody to understand mustachianism either. I feel like I've discovered the cure for cancer, but nobody wants to hear it.

I'm selling my house, driving old cars, upgrading my education and my career, and saving more than ever. People just think I'm poor. They feel sorry for me!

ilintillie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:34:11 AM »

It is good If everyone has to say, but then I read it. It's so that Very helpful                 

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »
Great article. And I empathize with Jordan's dilemma. I can't get anybody to understand mustachianism either. I feel like I've discovered the cure for cancer, but nobody wants to hear it.

I'm selling my house, driving old cars, upgrading my education and my career, and saving more than ever. People just think I'm poor. They feel sorry for me!

Haha. This is the story of my life I feel like.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »
I liked this article. Thanks for the link. I have always enjoyed being something of a "secret" outlier. I looked pretty normal (i.e. consumerist) on the surface, but underneath I was saving like mad for my eventual release from wage slavery. More articles like this and everyone will be doing it. Hurray! More people to play with during the week. And any time, really.

patrickza

• Pencil Stache
    • I live on a boat
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:40:35 AM »
Ditto that, when my wife and first started getting serious she bought me clothes because she assumed I had no money. In a way she was right, my bank account is empty, it's all in my investment account.