Author Topic: Reader Case Study - $231k in debt and need help!  (Read 101978 times)

ToTheMoon

• Pencil Stache
Re: Reader Case Study - $231k in debt and need help!
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »
Awesome self-reflection @dashh, I will definitely be following along to see how your journey progresses!

Zoot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2017, 02:39:42 PM »
Waking up hurts sometimes.  But as painful as it was to hear all of that, you really did HEAR it.  While it would have been easier just to go back to sleep, you DIDN'T--awesome, awesome, awesome.  I'm so proud of you.  :)

Believe me, it will be SO WORTH IT. 

Headed over to your journal now!

zee dot

• Stubble
« Reply #302 on: December 11, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
Glad you came back, dashh.
I thought about you a lot in the interim.
Your journal will surely be one of the most read journals--we're all eager to see what you're up to!

Smurfy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #303 on: December 22, 2017, 04:54:17 PM »
This person is insolvent and should probably start by consulting with a bankruptcy attorney.  The references to payment plans on credit card debt speak of someone that has been missing or is behind on payments to at least one creditor. 

dashh

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »
This person is insolvent and should probably start by consulting with a bankruptcy attorney.  The references to payment plans on credit card debt speak of someone that has been missing or is behind on payments to at least one creditor.

Yes, many people have suggested I speak with a bankruptcy attorney and I have considered it.  We have around $90k of unsecured debt which a part of me would love to see just go away.  However, I realize that it is not that simple and another part of me feels like we do not deserve to have that just wiped out.  Plus given our income, I am not sure we could even go that route. 

I may still meet with someone just to get an idea of our options.