Author Topic: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO 2019  (Read 46527 times)

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
Re: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO - Lottery Complete - check your email!
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2019, 11:27:26 AM »
LEADERSHIP,

A quick heads up; I don't have access to the CM*OT child board. I was waiting patiently per @Le Poisson guidance, but just learned that @butt_munch has access. I cannot endure Snow having something I do not have. May I pretty please have access? And apologies for whatever I messed up during registration. Probably I misspelled my own user name. Such things happen. Some times the land of Thut slides into the sea. And so it goes.

V/R,
Sailor Sam

Your enthusiasm is unbounded.

I assure you that Cdr DinglePoP has said and done nothing to besmirch your reputation or standing among the troops within the safe confines of the sooper-secret association of CM*TO attendees. I await notice from our American Payment system of your deposit clearing the chequing account, at which time I shall set the door ajar just enough to allow your USCG Approved-sized body through.

Until then, Admiral ButtMunch shall continue to attend without your guidance.

Best Regards,
Me.

Leadership,

Thank you for your prompt reply on this issue. In an effort to resolve the confusion, I will point out that I remitted payment promptly upon receiving the winning lottery notification. Monies were submitted at approximately 1925 on 6-Feb-2019, via the "US-ian submission process."

Confirmation was received from PayPal at approximately 1935. Please let me know if I need to supply further verification, or you have more questions.

V/R,
COMMANDER Sailor Sam

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2019, 11:46:37 AM »
A question for the masses - Sam is sticking with military-ish speech here, and has not strayed into the realm of colourful analogy.

How far should we push her?

Seriously though Sam - I'll ask my cohort at the border for a verification list of US folks tonight and update our invites to the secret club as soon as it arrives. If you aren't there, there could be others missing as well.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:03 PM »
I'm too poor, i need to wait till my next paycheck. The perils of churning, and borrowing to invest more :D. No large piles of money laying around.
Me too. Getting rich makes you really poor

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2019, 12:19:36 AM »
LEADERSHIP,

A quick heads up; I don't have access to the CM*OT child board. I was waiting patiently per @Le Poisson guidance, but just learned that @butt_munch has access. I cannot endure Snow having something I do not have. May I pretty please have access? And apologies for whatever I messed up during registration. Probably I misspelled my own user name. Such things happen. Some times the land of Thut slides into the sea. And so it goes.

V/R,
Sailor Sam

I assure you that Cdr DinglePoP has said and done nothing to besmirch your reputation or standing among the troops within the safe confines of the sooper-secret association of CM*TO attendees. I await notice from our American Payment system of your deposit clearing the chequing account, at which time I shall set the door ajar just enough to allow your USCG Approved-sized body through.

Best Regards,
Me.

Leadership,

Thank you for your prompt reply on this issue. In an effort to resolve the confusion, I will point out that I remitted payment promptly upon receiving the winning lottery notification. Monies were submitted at approximately 1925 on 6-Feb-2019, via the "US-ian submission process."

Confirmation was received from PayPal at approximately 1935. Please let me know if I need to supply further verification, or you have more questions.

V/R,
COMMANDER Sailor Sam

Huh. That's weird. I had access yesterday.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2019, 02:18:27 AM »
LEADERSHIP,

V/R,
Sailor Sam

Best Regards,
Me.

Leadership,

V/R,
COMMANDER Sailor Sam

Huh. That's weird. I had access yesterday.

Oooh OneDay - you better watch out. A jilted Sam is no small thing to trifle with.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2019, 05:05:15 AM »
Now that Sam is sorted out, and the Aussies have paid, we are up to 29% bought & paid for. You guys are the best! We love you, etc. etc.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2019, 06:16:59 AM »
48%!!! We're getting there!!

Who will tip us over 50%??? Will it be you?

Thanks again to everyone who has paid so far!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2019, 07:35:14 AM »
I paid for SWMBO and myself!

CampMustacheToronto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Camp Mustache Toronto - Sept 19-23/2019 Join us!
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »
A reminder to all winners of the CM*TO bunk lottery, your payment is due on March 1, 2019!

First of all, a big Thank You to all who have already paid!  So far, we have received payment from nearly 50% of the winners!  Those who have paid should have received access to the private MMM CM*TO 2019 sub forum and the secret Facebook page, if not please let us know.

On March 2 any bunks not paid for will be considered forfeit.  We'll be releasing any forfeit bunks to the remaining lottery entrants on a first paid basis in blocks of 10 based on where your number fell in the randomization.

After this we'll be releasing any unpaid bunks to the full mailing list - based on a recent blog post by MMM, the mailing list has grown significantly in the last few days.  To join the mailing list, Please Click here

(LP)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:02:09 PM by CampMustacheToronto »

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2019, 12:10:49 PM »
2 Extra bunks paid for!

haypug16

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2019, 12:48:34 PM »
Just paid for my two bunks via PayPal :)

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2019, 01:53:33 PM »
One more that has paid.

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
How do we know if we’re already on the mailing list?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2019, 03:52:04 PM »
How do we know if we’re already on the mailing list?

If you got an email today, then you're on the list. Everyone should have gotten one at some point today reminding about paying on time and bunk forfeits.

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2019, 07:26:32 PM »
Hmm ok thanks. Well I tried to sign up via your link, but I got an error twice.
I’m not sure if it took in the end or not. Please add me! I want to go!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2019, 07:32:41 PM »
Hmm ok thanks. Well I tried to sign up via your link, but I got an error twice.
I’m not sure if it took in the end or not. Please add me! I want to go!

Really!?!? You can make it!?!?!

I'll tell momma to check if you are on the mail list when she gets back from scout camp.

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO - Lottery Complete - check your email!
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2019, 08:29:41 PM »
Well I don’t KNOW that I can make it but I do know that I want the option in case someone else decides they can’t.

Thank you!!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2019, 05:13:29 AM »
Hey everyone - Just a reminder that we're down to a week to get payments in on your bunks for CM*TO.

If you haven't paid by March 1, your bunk will be released to the folks who missed out on the lottery.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »
Hey everyone - Just a reminder that we're down to a week to get payments in on your bunks for CM*TO.

If you haven't paid by March 1, your bunk will be released to the folks who missed out on the lottery.

I paid through PayPal about a week ago but it has not been claimed.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »

I paid through PayPal about a week ago but it has not been claimed.

@elaine amj - this one is for you!

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Re: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO - Payments Due March 1!
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2019, 05:49:12 PM »
I got it! But haven't clicked on it yet lol. Will get that all done tonight.

Sent from my VCE-AL00 using Tapatalk

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2019, 06:41:36 PM »

Good! Le Poissons" threat scared me. He is intimidating.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2019, 09:19:17 PM »

Good! Le Poissons" threat scared me. He is intimidating.

I agree. He scared me into sending him money tonight.

CampMustacheToronto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Camp Mustache Toronto - Sept 19-23/2019 Join us!
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2019, 05:36:44 AM »
A reminder to all winners of the CM*TO bunk lottery, your payment is due in one week on March 1, 2019!

On March 2, any bunks not paid for will be considered forfeit and will be released to the non-winning lottery entrants in blocks of ten on a first come / first served basis.  Non-winning lottery entrants... keep an eye on your email in the first week of March.

Thank You to all who have already paid!  Those who have paid should have received access to the private MMM CM*TO 2019 sub forum and the secret Facebook page, if not please let us know.

Payment Instructions:

Canadians:  Canadians please pay camp fees using Interac Email money transfer  to campmustachetoronto@gmail.com.   

Americans:  Americans can pay by following the instructions below - this process allows you to make a payment through a US bank and avoids cross-border transaction fees. Thanks to Elaine for acting as the CM*TO banker once again!  For February 2019 payments, exchange rate of 0.755 will be used. ($275 CAD would be $210 USD).

American Payments should be sent to William Jun at cmtopayments@gmail.com via Zelle (free tool now offered by most major banks), Paypal (free if using Paypal Personal Payments with your debit card/bank account), or email money transfer.

If you prefer to mail a USD paper cheque, It should be in the mail by now in order to allow enough mailing time for it to arrive and clear the bank by March 1. If you have not already mailed your cheque, please use one of the online options above.

Elaine will then send the equivalent payment in Canadian dollars to the Camp Mustache Organizing Committee.  If you have any questions regarding paying in USD, email Elaine at  cmtopayments@gmail.com. 

CM*TO 2019 Organizing Committee

(LP)

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
Did everyone, including those who had already paid, get the latest payment e-mail? Or should I be worried?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2019, 03:34:08 PM »
It went out to the entire mail list. We put no filters on it.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2019, 05:44:36 AM »
As of right now, there are 17 unpaid bunks for camp. (Folks who got bunks in teh lottery have until March 1st to pay, so this may change).

If you are one of the 150 or so who have been put on the mail list since we launched, it looks like you have a chance at a bunk. Watch for messages starting on March 2.

When you get an email, you either buy the bunk or lose the chance. We are going with immediate payments on the secondary sales.

The Org. Com. is getting together this weekend and starting to lay out the camp schedule and speakers so things are really taking shape. If you got a bunk, watch the closed forum for details as they evolve.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2019, 07:45:19 AM »
An FYI for all...

We have payments for all but 4 of the bunks for camp, and have reached out to folks who missed on the lottery to offer the last of the bunks. If you see an email from the camp in your inbox, consider yourself very lucky. You will be given 24 hours to claim your bunk before we move down the list to the next person.

If folks decide to resell bunks, we encourage them to post the availability here or on the CM*TO facebook page. If you buy a "second-hand" bunk, it is up to you to let the org com know. We will reach back to the seller to confirm the sale of the space, then remove them from our list and add you. The Org Com is not arranging resales this year.

Thanks to everyone who has been part of the adventure so far, and we're looking forward to seeing everyone this fall!

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »
Wooohooo!!! Its getting real :)

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
Wooohooo!!! Its getting real :)

Seems like the event sells out faster and faster every year!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2019, 08:04:17 PM »
...and then there was one. We are down to the final bunk. After this one, the only way to get a bunk is off teh resale market.

If you buy a resale bunk, please let the org committee know so we can update our communications to include you.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2019, 04:11:46 PM »
Well - that's a wrap. Camp is sold out. This thread is now for discussing ideas or reselling tickets. if you want to buy/sell, I suggest posting here. Please remember ticket price is $275CAD each.

TheAverageSo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
A reminder to all winners of the CM*TO bunk lottery, your payment is due on March 1, 2019!

First of all, a big Thank You to all who have already paid!  So far, we have received payment from nearly 50% of the winners!  Those who have paid should have received access to the private MMM CM*TO 2019 sub forum and the secret Facebook page, if not please let us know.

On March 2 any bunks not paid for will be considered forfeit.  We'll be releasing any forfeit bunks to the remaining lottery entrants on a first paid basis in blocks of 10 based on where your number fell in the randomization.

After this we'll be releasing any unpaid bunks to the full mailing list - based on a recent blog post by MMM, the mailing list has grown significantly in the last few days.  To join the mailing list, Please Click here

(LP)

Hi, I don't think I received links to the private MMM page and the Facebook page.  Can you please send to me again. 

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »

(LP)

Hi, I don't think I received links to the private MMM page and the Facebook page.  Can you please send to me again.

Please send an email to campmustachetoronto@gmail.com and we will get you added.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2019, 07:13:21 AM »
Bumping a couple messages about camp...

#1. Our speaker assignments have been sent out. Watch for announcements here and in the closed CM*TO forum to see what the camp presentations will be this year.

#2. A few folks have posted that they are looking for tickets. We remind you that the camp committee is not handling ticket resales this year - it's up to you to find a buyer/seller, and the best way to do that is to post in the following thread: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/camp-mustache-events/looking-for-tickets-to-cm*to-2019!/ - sure its just one person asking right now, but that should become "the Thread" since its title is spot on.

#3. The accounts owned by "Camp Mustache" are all shared accounts. PLease do not assume you are speaking to me, or send personal information there. The whole of the Camp Committee can read those accounts (both email, FB, and forum). If you are trying to talk to me, the best way is still to message this account.

#4. You are all awesome people. Keep being awesome!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
Re: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO 2019
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
@CampMustacheToronto I can't pm from my phone, but is it possible to get added to the secret forum?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »
For anyone wondering what they missed at CM*TO this year, Rob Carrick appears to be penning an article for the Globe as we speak. He called today to finalize some details... keep an eye out and post a link if you spot the article before I do.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2019, 11:57:12 AM »
For anyone wondering what they missed at CM*TO this year, Rob Carrick appears to be penning an article for the Globe as we speak. He called today to finalize some details... keep an eye out and post a link if you spot the article before I do.

It’s been published!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/personal-finance/retirement/article-feel-like-a-slave-to-your-debts-and-your-job-a-personal-finance/

AO1FireTo

• Stubble
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2019, 06:34:31 AM »
So the event was in Waterford?  I grew up in Waterford, doh…  Where did you end up having the event?

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2019, 07:05:58 AM »

It’s been published!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/personal-finance/retirement/article-feel-like-a-slave-to-your-debts-and-your-job-a-personal-finance/

I thought the example of people coming from far away was going to be @happy or @deborah

Thanks for the link @okits!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2019, 07:11:26 AM »
So the event was in Waterford?  I grew up in Waterford, doh…  Where did you end up having the event?

Top Secret. Although I suspect that we can't keep it that way for long. Especially if anyone listens to the FI Garage podcast.

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
  • As heavy as it needs to be to make you stronger
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2019, 12:17:59 PM »
I've been informed via picture that there were Camp Mustache hats made this year? I heard some people here in the 'States might have picked up some extra - any chance I could procure one for a reasonable fee?  I can only rep my CM*TO T-shirt so often

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »
This post is to point all of our CM*TO 2019 participants and fans at the announcement regarding CM*TO 2020 which you can find here:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/camp-mustache-events/camp-mustache-toronto-cm*to-2020/

Since a thread for 2020 has begun, I suggest @arebelspy lock this thread down and folks excited for the next camp check out the new thread.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:57:58 PM by arebelspy »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!