Author Topic: Camp Mustache Toronto 2018-9-21 (CM*TO) - The Mustachians Strike Back  (Read 277171 times)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
Re: Camp Mustache Toronto 2018-9-21 (CM*TO) - The Mustachians Strike Back
« Reply #600 on: April 02, 2018, 01:35:28 AM »
Yeah. I’m bringing SWMBO and at least one other mustachian amigo, too. My people sent the email yesterday :)

Mustachian people are the best people. Everyone I’ve ever met at any MMM meetup has been superb. Can’t wait!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #601 on: April 02, 2018, 01:43:34 AM »
Yeah. I’m bringing SWMBO and at least one other mustachian amigo, too. My people sent the email yesterday :)

Mustachian people are the best people. Everyone I’ve ever met at any MMM meetup has been superb. Can’t wait!

Nice!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:45:08 AM by G-dog »

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #602 on: April 02, 2018, 06:29:25 AM »

Awesome, will be nice to finally meet you :)

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
  • As heavy as it needs to be to make you stronger
« Reply #603 on: April 02, 2018, 08:12:36 AM »
Are there still open spots? I sent an email this morning and would love to attend, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should/need to do

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #604 on: April 02, 2018, 11:15:42 AM »
Are there still open spots? I sent an email this morning and would love to attend, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should/need to do

Hi @runningthroughFIRE !  I see your message about bunks and that you are in the U.S. so am just waiting to hear from @elaine amj about the exchange rate, then can send you details on how to purchase bunks (same info will be coming your way too, @grantmeaname , once I receive it).

Excited to have you join us at camp!!

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #605 on: April 02, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »

Hi @runningthroughFIRE !  I see your message about bunks and that you are in the U.S. so am just waiting to hear from @elaine amj about the exchange rate, then can send you details on how to purchase bunks (same info will be coming your way too, @grantmeaname , once I receive it).

Excited to have you join us at camp!!

Excellent! I woke up to a PM from Grant about it this morning and I'm glad I didn't get excited for nothing :)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #606 on: April 03, 2018, 02:06:40 AM »

Cool!  I get to meet the man who started the "Best post I saw today" thread!  And his posse!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #607 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:42 AM »
Happy to pay in canuck money too if that would be helpful (for myself or all four of us). I can send money by transferwise or something.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #608 on: April 03, 2018, 03:21:05 AM »
Excellent! I woke up to a PM from Grant about it this morning and I'm glad I didn't get excited for nothing :)

Oops. I'm 100% guilty of being unconscious of time zone differences.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #609 on: April 03, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »
Got the email and replied :) Going with a 0.77 exchange rate for April based on the avg monthly rate posted by the Bank of Canada.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #610 on: April 03, 2018, 10:17:07 AM »

Oops. I'm 100% guilty of being unconscious of time zone differences.

It's all good! I didn't actually wake up when the message came through, I just saw it when I woke up at my normal time :)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #611 on: April 03, 2018, 04:38:23 PM »
Can I just say that my country is dumb and should just build some damn trains already? Ugh. I may be arriving by clown car.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #612 on: April 03, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
Can I just say that my country is dumb and should just build some damn trains already? Ugh. I may be arriving by clown car.

Is there no train service convenient to where you'll be?  It's been a while since I looked but I know friends who have taken the train across the border (and bus, for that matter, though it's grubbier).

Travel hacking?

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #613 on: April 03, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
It's like 10 hours to get to Toronto from NYC but 13 to get to Brantford. 5 extra hours and something like $300 extra to take the train instead of a car.

Edited to add: I know nothing about travel hacking with Amtrak but I suspect it's as fun as hacking the social security administration.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #614 on: April 03, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »
So, did my posse just roll in and claim all five of the open bunks?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #615 on: April 03, 2018, 06:54:46 PM »

I'm not sure... they may have.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #616 on: April 03, 2018, 08:36:20 PM »
It's like 10 hours to get to Toronto from NYC but 13 to get to Brantford. 5 extra hours and something like $300 extra to take the train instead of a car.

Edited to add: I know nothing about travel hacking with Amtrak but I suspect it's as fun as hacking the social security administration.

Travel hacking Amtrak: possibly one of those cards that uses points accumulated to reimburse travel charged to the card?  Five extra hours plus $300 sounds not very worthwhile, though.

Bunk update coming!

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #617 on: April 04, 2018, 07:09:13 AM »

As it turns out, you did!  CM*TO 2018 is completely sold out!!!

(Any camper hopefuls, people may cancel and those spots get refilled through the waitlist, so not all hope is lost if you haven't secured a bunk for yourself, yet.)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #618 on: April 20, 2018, 08:46:26 AM »
Well geez, I came to the forums to check if there's extra bunks for CM*TO or if there's a wait list I could make my tickets available to, as there's a good chance we'll be in Amsterdam or London at the time of CM*TO, and I find out there IS a wait list, but only because Grant and his badass SO are coming?!

Now I need to somehow work out how to cross the Atlantic for this thing.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48:13 AM »
Well geez, I came to the forums to check if there's extra bunks for CM*TO or if there's a wait list I could make my tickets available to, as there's a good chance we'll be in Amsterdam or London at the time of CM*TO, and I find out there IS a wait list, but only because Grant and his badass SO are coming?!

YEs! The guestlist this year is different from last year, but still so engaging!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2018, 08:56:28 AM »
That's awesome! :D

Is there a list somewhere?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »
That's awesome! :D

Is there a list somewhere?

As with last year, we aren't publishing for privacy's sake. But there is a separate forum for attendees.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:38 AM »

Just swim to the mainland. Isn`t that what people do for a challenge in England? But instead of going East to Europe, swim west to Canada.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »
Sorry! We took ALLLLLL the bunks...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #624 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
If anyone is looking to attend this still, please PM me.

Cheers!

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »

Now the rest of us see how important we are to you! Thanks a LOT ars.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #626 on: April 20, 2018, 03:34:20 PM »

Well I don't know who else is coming!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #627 on: April 20, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »

Well I don't know who else is coming!
Sad that you are not coming.  But so many opportunities out there and places to see.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #628 on: April 22, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »
And our fourth breakout!

I like to bike!

This breakout session will be about making the gradual transition from 100% transit rider to urban bicycle commuter (most of the time), with all the possible steps along that continuum. This breakout will focus on showing people how to get the best resources and information on urban bicycle commuting no matter where they are, as well as often-overlooked and cheap/free resources to help anyone increase their cycling badassity.

BiochemicalDJ is a government professional who balances working in an office building every day while also commuting by bicycle. He's learned valuable lessons along the way, and hopes to pass on advice and stories to help people start off as a cycle commuter on the right foot. When not tinkering with his bicycle, he can be found likely tinkering with his car, computer, DJ equipment, or whatever project is absentmindedly on the go at any one time.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2018, 12:54:16 PM »
And our fourth breakout!

I like to bike!

This breakout session will be about making the gradual transition from 100% transit rider to urban bicycle commuter (most of the time), with all the possible steps along that continuum. This breakout will focus on showing people how to get the best resources and information on urban bicycle commuting no matter where they are, as well as often-overlooked and cheap/free resources to help anyone increase their cycling badassity.

BiochemicalDJ is a government professional who balances working in an office building every day while also commuting by bicycle. He's learned valuable lessons along the way, and hopes to pass on advice and stories to help people start off as a cycle commuter on the right foot. When not tinkering with his bicycle, he can be found likely tinkering with his car, computer, DJ equipment, or whatever project is absentmindedly on the go at any one time.

Ooo, this one is relevant to my interests!

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #630 on: May 04, 2018, 08:52:33 PM »
Four bunks are available!

A few campers are unable to attend this year, so we have four spots available if you would like to attend CM*TO but haven't snagged a spot yet.  If you're ready to confirm and make full payment please PM me and I will get you in touch with the campers who need to bow out.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #631 on: May 23, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »
One more bunk just became available!

A camper is unable to make it, so we have one spot available if you would like to attend CM*TO but haven't snagged a spot yet.  If you're ready to confirm and make full payment please PM me and I will get you in touch with the camper with a bunk to sell.

We are sold out again.  :) 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:10:50 PM by okits »

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #632 on: June 17, 2018, 08:23:57 PM »
One bunk just became available!

A camper is unable to make it, so we have one spot available if you would like to attend CM*TO but haven't snagged a spot yet.  If you're ready to confirm and make full payment please PM me and I will get you in touch with the camper with a bunk to sell.

ETA: gone already!  That was fast!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:32:16 PM by okits »

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #633 on: June 17, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
Oh - and the official name is now CAMEL TOE 2018! Pass it on.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #634 on: June 25, 2018, 06:42:13 AM »
One bunk just became available!

We are sold out again.  :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:13:11 AM by okits »

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #635 on: July 02, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
One bunk is available!

Happy belated Canada Day to the Canadians and happy early 4th of July to the Americans!

ETA: bunk is spoken for.  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:34:15 AM by okits »

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #636 on: July 02, 2018, 10:36:23 AM »
One bunk is available!

Happy belated Canada Day to the Canadians and happy early 4th of July to the Americans!

ETA: bunk is spoken for.  :)

Nice to see open bunks getting snatched up so quickly

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2018, 06:14:16 PM »
One bunk is available!

ETA: A new camper has stepped forward.  :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:52:51 PM by okits »

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #638 on: July 07, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
One bunk is available!

This one took more than 30 minutes! Major slowdown....

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #639 on: July 07, 2018, 09:58:30 PM »
One bunk is available!

It's the weekend.  I assume everyone is busy batch cooking.  🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »
One bunk is available!

It's the weekend.  I assume everyone is busy batch cooking.  🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲

😎

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #641 on: July 14, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »
One bunk is available!

A camper is unable to make it, so we have one spot available if you would like to attend CM*TO but haven't snagged a spot yet.  If you're ready to confirm and make full payment please PM me and I will get you in touch with the camper with a bunk to sell.  (First come, first served.)

This one is spoken for!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:43:50 PM by okits »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #642 on: July 16, 2018, 08:45:39 AM »
Hey Campers - in case you aren't aware, our super-secret CM*TO 2018 (NOT CAMP CAMEL TOE!) forum is moving back into the MMM forum. If you bought a lucky ticket, AND you gave us a forum nickname, watch for an email or update soon saying you have access to teh new forum.

Very soon I will be shutting down the now ex-forum and scuttling it. If you need information from that forum, please move it to the new one via copy/paste.

Best regards,
Sir Prospy

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #643 on: July 16, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »
I'm confused. 

Which forum is closing?
- the createaforum.com forum  OR
- the CMC 2017 forum located here on MMM

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #644 on: July 16, 2018, 01:54:09 PM »
I'm confused. 

Which forum is closing?

The createaforum one. We are consolidating assets.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #645 on: July 16, 2018, 02:07:05 PM »
Hey Campers - in case you aren't aware, our super-secret CM*TO 2018 (NOT CAMP CAMEL TOE!) forum is moving back into the MMM forum. If you bought a lucky ticket, AND you gave us a forum nickname, watch for an email or update soon saying you have access to teh new forum.

Very soon I will be shutting down the now ex-forum and scuttling it. If you need information from that forum, please move it to the new one via copy/paste.

Best regards,
Sir Prospy

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

AND - it looks like there is still a bunk available -- PM @okits if you are interested!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #646 on: July 16, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
I'm confused. 

Which forum is closing?

Good idea. The other forum was barely viewed. I like having it all in one place.

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #647 on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
I'm confused. 

Which forum is closing?

Good idea. The other forum was barely viewed. I like having it all in one place.

I was one of those that barely viewed it. 

The problem is that I still want to read everyone's CM*TO Introduction pages.

If everyone could save your Introduction text and copy them over to the new subforum, when it becomes available, that would be great.

I always enjoy reading them, prior to camp, in order to get to know fellow MMM's better.  thanks.

J'Oden

• Handlebar Stache
  • Fail Gloriously > Not Venture (hence FL)
« Reply #648 on: July 16, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »
I'm here for this.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #649 on: July 16, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
I probably have a ticket available, too*, meaning if you are a couple that wants to come, sounds like a pair of tickets is open.

*Mrs. ARS is thinking of not going, so I'd be going solo.